Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 AM

John,
My family will be on the Celebrity, August 5th trip as well. I have three daughters (22,17 & 15) and one son (11). We picked Celebrity for the first time. We have done RCCL in the Caribbean a few times, once with kids. We have let the kids look through all the excursions and they are not into it as much as the Caribbean more fun activities but still into it. The kids are all excited about going to Europe for the first time. I like to stress the age of everything in Europe, Our oldest tourist sites are 400 yrs old. Things being built 1000 yrs ago is amazing. The movie Gladiator is good to watch for Rome and then seeing the Collusiem. The movie The Italian Job is set in Venice at the begining. I have recorded several shows on the travel channel anout Rome and Venice. They are excited about hiking a Volcano in Naples. I think that we all will be so tired each night from site seeing that after dinner and a show my kids will be headed to sleep(I know I will be). During sea days they will have plenty to do exploring the ship and swimming.

It's good to know they will have at least two kids their age on board. I am sure they will meet at some time.

Let me know if there are excursions that your boys seem to like.

Mark
Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 PM

Hi Mark,
You seem to have started the planning already i.e Volcano climbing!! I have started to think about keeping everyone interested as well. Venice is great but I suppose the art is to look at it through teen eyes! When we went there Murano was great for a walk around touristy shops and it is pretty as well. We have just started to look at things, but the Volcano idea is one i've never thought of.
I suppose the trick is to have a bit of interest for eveyone. My 12 year old boy made sure it was the Millenium we booked based on various research he had carried out re the quality/space on the boat. This is our first cruise and I really don't know how it will turn out but everyone's up for it.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM

We are booked on this sailing also. Am sailing with my mom and my almost 14 yo daughter. Glad there will be other teens on board. Wish there is a way to get them to get to know each other prior to the cruise.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 PM

Hi the connections have been added!! Thanks for the information,

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, millenium, review, teenagers