Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 AM

Has anyone ever stayed in one of the Celebrity Suites in the middle of the ship? The floor to ceiling windows look lovely. I realize there is no balcony as in the RS or CC but for colder cruise itineraries, panoramic views out these windows might be worth the extra cash????

NCL Repo Cruise - NYC-Miami, Nov 1, 2009 Norwegian Dawn
Celebrity Millinneum: April 30, 2010
14 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise - San Diego to Vancouver BC April 30, 2010
Celebrity Constellation: B2B - 28 Days
Transatlantic-Barcelona-Ft Lauderdale, Nov 6, 2010,
Exotic Southern Caribbean - Nov 20, 2010
Princess Diamond May 06, 2011
Alaska & Far East Adventure Beijing to Vancouver BC 23 Days

Past Sailings:

Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale - Copenhagen, Emerald Princess, April-May 2009
Mexican Riviera, Ru** Princess, Nov 2008
Mediterranean, Celebrity Millennium, Nov-Dec 2007
Caribbean, RCCL, 1999
1990-1999:
Mexican East & West Coasts, Carnival Cruiselines, 10 times (younger and could drink more and enjoyed the Fun Ships!) Sailing dates and names of the ships are a blur, but I know I had fun, cause I'm still cruising!

One that started it all:
Caribbean, Sun Princess, May, 1986
Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Hi Suzie!

Yes, we've stayed in a Celebrity Suite on both the Millennium and Infinity. You can see the pics I took here.

Millennium Celebrity Suite 7140

The Suite is worth it!! I can answer any questions you may have on it.

Anita
Old 07-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Thank you Safein. The room looks so incredible. When we were on the Millennium back in 2007, from the outside of the ship, I saw those big bowed windows, and decided then and there, I would one day stay in one of those suites. Your pictures are awesome. Thanks again. Was there a computer in these rooms, as there are in an RS suite?

Past Sailings:

Caribbean, RCCL, 1999
1990-1999:
Mexican East & West Coasts, Carnival Cruiselines, 10 times (younger and could drink more and enjoyed the Fun Ships!) Sailing dates and names of the ships are a blur, but I know I had fun, cause I'm still cruising!

One that started it all:
Old 07-13-2009, 09:05 AM

Hi Safein, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Thank you for sharing your pictures, the suite looks fantastic! Suzierue, if you'll look at picture #2, it looks like a computer screen with a mouse next to it. I see the Sun Princess started your cruise addiction, mine started long before on the Costa Daphne, but my first Princess cruise was on the Sea Princess. I've been hooked on Princess since then. It doesn't mean I won't go on other lines, but so far Princess is my favorite. I sure hope I don't like Celebrity better, since Princess has better fares, but I can't wait to try the Solstice! Best wishes to y'all!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
I see the Sun Princess started your cruise addiction, mine started long before on the Costa Daphne, but my first Princess cruise was on the Sea Princess. I've been hooked on Princess since then. It doesn't mean I won't go on other lines, but so far Princess is my favorite. I sure hope I don't like Celebrity better, since Princess has better fares, but I can't wait to try the Solstice! Best wishes to y'all!
I love Princess and their rates! I especially like the deposit on board ($100.00 pp) they offer while on a cruise. But Celebrity just has a way about them, that we like when you are in a Suite! That aside, Princess provides extra amenities (w/o a butler) that are free when your in a suite. (Internet, Thermal Suite, etc) So they both have their pluses! It all boils down for us to one thing....Itinerary! Oh yeah, and Celebrity has a fabulous private hot tub on your balcony if you book RS. My S.O. likes the food on Celebrity, I prefer Princess. (Celebrity is more gourmet) I had the best bowl of Chile on a Princess cruise! The CS suites on Celebrity can't be beat if you'd like to stay dry and warm on an Alaskan cruise, while giving you a panoramic view! I think you will be nicely surprised when you board the Solstice.

Past Sailings:

Caribbean, RCCL, 1999
1990-1999:

One that started it all:
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi Penny3333,
I have been watching your cruise calendar for the Soltice for monthes now and can't wait to hear what you think of her. The Specialty dinning was so darn awesome, I did not have time for the Silk Harvest but that was the only one.
We were assigned to Blu but also went to Epernay all so wonderful....can't wait for your take!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 AM

Y'all I'm getting so nervous. I can't afford to be a multi-cruiser on Celebrity, at least in a balcony. Princess is great on their balcony prices, Costa, too. I guess I can do insides again. I'd love to sail the Equinox, too! So many ships, not enough time (or money)
Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
TI Petite Suite or MGM Celebrity Spa Suite?
As a property overall I prefer MGM but when it comes to rooms TI's have been renovated and are nicer at this time. MGM will be remodeling and that will change my opinion in the future I'm sure. I stayed in a TI Petite Suite this summer and loved it. I think the suites at MGM are in need of some remodeling so I wouldn't pay more to stay there if I were you unless you just prefer that end of the strip that much more.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 AM

Orton39, they were talking about the suites on the cruise ship, not in Vegas, but thank you for the information.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, celebrity, constellation, cruises, hot, infinity, mgm, millennium, rs, sofabed, solstice, spa, stayed, suite, tub