Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 08:04 PM

I just got a new laptop. Someone said they got the internet wirelessly from anywhere in the ship. Does that mean you don't have to pay them per minute if you use your own computer? What kind of card to I need for it to work. Also, if it doesn't work there, will it work in ports?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 AM

Hi

Suggest you do a search on the actual X web site since it depends what grade of cabin you are in.

But briefly from what I remember from another thread about wifi is that there are certain "hot spots" on the Summit some better reception than others but no matter whether you connect using your laptop or their pcs, the price is still the same which is exorbitant. Connection is very slow and reports back are that it can take on average about 5 minutes to actually get connected.

I think that in the higher grade suites wifi is available.

Although I shall take my laptop I will not even begin to get connected. The trick I think is to find an internet cafe once you get off the ship.

Someone said they used their laptop on the ship but complied all their e mails off line and was able to download their e mails each time they got connected thus reducing the cost.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 AM

True, you can find out from Celebrity what they charge and if I remember right, it is as much as four times the rate of using the internet cafe.

Closed Thread