Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Does anyone have any comments on the Celebrity Mercury crise to Hawaii.

My wife and I, along with my brother and his wife are leaving on 3/15 for the 15 day cruise, but we have not been able to find and reviews.

Our first cruise, and second for my brother. He talked us into it and we are very excited, but wanted to see others report on this cruise. Can anyone help us out? 11 ays days and counting. Glen
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Does anyone have any comments on the Celebrity Mercury crise to Hawaii.

My wife and I, along with my brother and his wife are leaving on 3/15 for the 15 day cruise, but we have not been able to find and reviews.

Our first cruise, and second for my brother. He talked us into it and we are very excited, but wanted to see others report on this cruise. Can anyone help us out? 11 ays days and counting. Glen
Old 03-04-2009, 11:26 AM

As you can see, I am so excited I cant even spell, LOL
Glen
Old 03-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Hi Glen and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

I haven't done that specific itinerary, but I've been on Celebrity ships including Mercury. You'll have a great time. The Mercury is very manageable size-wise, with great food and service. I sailed Mercury to Alaska a couple of summers ago, and thought the ship did a great job.

Was your brother's first cruise on Celebrity as well?

Sandy
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Yes Sandy, my brother and his wife celebrated their 25th, four years ago on Celebrity, but it wasn't Mercury.

I was on a 3 year cruise back in the early sixties (Navy) and went to Hawaii. I have always promised my wife that we would go and the time has finally come. We are so excited and are looking for the time of our lives.

My brother and I are both retired from the Indianapolis Fire Department and this will be the first time for us to really spend some time together since childhood. Thanks for your reply and hope others will share their experience. Glen
Old 03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
quote:
Celebrity Mercury

Our kids did cruise on Celebrity Mercury a few years back and just loved it. As Sandy said the ship is great size with very good food and the crew were outstanding. You will enjoy it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-05-2009, 04:19 AM

Glen, welcome to Cruise Chat and congratulations to you and your brother on your retirements and fulfilling that dream to return to Hawaii. We've spent some vacation time on both Oahu and Maui and think we may want to do the cruise thing some time soon. Can't wait to hear about your experiences! Enjoy !!

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-05-2009, 04:47 AM

quote:
I was on a 3 year cruise back in the early sixties (Navy) and went to Hawaii.

This cruise will be a little different; you don't even have to make your bed!

I just got back a few days ago from a week in Maui. Going to Hawaii by ship is the best of both worlds! The first days at sea will be very relaxing, and will give you lots of energy for your arrival in Paradise. It's a lifestyle you could get used to, as I'm sure your brother has told you.

Congratulations on your retirement!

Sandy
Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM

My inlaws are on the cruise as I speak. They are in Hilo. The first couple days out of San Diego were rough. Take motion sickness items with you. Other than that, they are having a great time, did a horseback beach ride today and are loving the weather. They said they people are treating them very good, and they love their stateroom attendant and dining staff. No problems to report!
Nov. 2006- Carnival Paradise
Apr 2007- Celebrity Century
June 2007- Carnival Paradise
November 2007- Carnival Paradise
March 2008- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas
June 2008- Holland America Oosterdam (Alaska)
August 2008, Carnival Victory (Canada)
October, 2008 Carnival Paradise (Mexico)
November 2008, Carnival Imagination, Key West/Cozumel
February 2009, Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
April 2009, Carnival Victory (S.Caribbean)
Coming Soon- June 2009, HAL Eurodam (Northern Europe)
Coming Soon- Nov.2009 Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
Old 03-06-2009, 05:37 AM

Hi Glenn, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I haven't had the pleasure of sailing on the Mercury, but have been to Hawaii on a land vacation. I hope your families have a wonderful cruise and the seas cooperate. I'm sure you've taken in the sites in Oahu, I enjoyed the north shore as well as the tourist sections, Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbour, and the Punch Bowl. Maui is a beautiful island, if you can do a helicopter tour, it's incredible. I know they're really pricey, but phenomenal. Hilo is a great little town, but we took the tour to the volcano. Actually, we started in Kona and went around the island to Hilo, then across to the volcano and back to Kona. I was amazed by all the cactus on the big island, but there were some beautiful water falls, too. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard! Just a word of caution, cruising is addictive

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, early, hawaii, mercury, powered, retire, review, reviews, ship, sixties, vbulletin