Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 06:36 AM

On our very first cruise my fiancée and I booked a guaranteed ocean view room on Carnival’s Sensation. We ended up with the highest category of room right mid-ship, which I realize is pretty lucky. Our one major complaint about the room was that the room had two pullout berths that jutted out of the walls and which we were constantly banging into.

Now we are planning a Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity’s Millennium and we were thinking of booking a guaranteed veranda room. Are one concern is that on the web site it shows that the majority of the veranda rooms have at least one berth. Now we realize that the two ships are very different and that the Millennium is a lot newer, are question is how are the berths set up on the Millennium? We are hoping the Celebrity managed to place them so that they are not so obtrusive but we want to be sure before booking.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:43 AM

I can speak to Infinity which is a close sister to Millennium.....The beds are beds, not pull-out berths. If you are traveling without kids, you will have no problem, as you will have the two twins together and it seems like one bed.
The only time it gets close is with a third person and you use the pull-out bed in the sofa. The concierge class cabins are large enough to allow an easy squeeze out to the veranda with the sofa bed out.

If you are in a cabin with a pull-down, they are quite high up and when down are easily gotten under. I have no idea if they have pull-downs on Millenium.

You may want to look into the Celebrity experience versus the Carnival - if you liked Carnival you will find Celebrity quite different. People do dress for dinner, no 'pass the orange' games, night life kinda tails off early....just a different market....if its not your thing you may not enjoy your cruise.

You will not be disappointed in a Millennium class cruise!

good luck

dave
Old 04-17-2006, 01:15 PM

The Millenium will have two lower beds if you are in a verandah. It may also have a berth but that would be a third bed; which you won't use at all. If it is a pull-down then it won't get in your way at all as it is high up and over one of the other beds so it won't even be noticed. If they are referring to the sofa bed you will also never pull it out so it won't get in your way. Enjoy the Millenium and your cruise. You are going to see a significant difference between Carnival and Celebrity.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, celebirty, celebrity, cruise, guarantee, guaranteed, millenium, millennium, oceanview, room, rooms, stateroom, veranda, verandah, verandas