Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2006, 03:25 AM

hi,last year I went on mariner of the seas(Royal Caribbean) and I found the ship very nice.In december I'm goig on Constellation (Celebrity)and I've booked a sky suite.Which ship is better for cabins and service?greetings from Rome Italy to everybody.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 PM

If you are aged over 60, Constellation will be a better choice. If not, the Mariner is more exciting.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:02 PM

Hello renata,
Welcome to cruise-chat. I think it will be difficult to choose, but, I would say you will think the Mariner is a better ship. Please let us know after your cruise.

Sonny
Old 11-29-2006, 03:51 AM

thanks to everybody I'll tell you when I'll be back.Sorry for my english but I'm Italian.
Renata
Old 11-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Banned

I would try an 8 night Carnival if I were you.We were very loyal Celebrity sailor's and the last few year's they let thier quality slip considerably. the cleanliness and upkeep in general was not good. We tried the longer Carnival's and were very happy. And the 8 night Carnival is several hundred less expensive than a 7 night Celebrity. Plus the food quality was much, much better. Try it and see. Tom
Old 11-30-2006, 07:12 PM

Carnival over Royal Caribbean? You've got to be kidding! One Carnival cruise for me and the next 32 were Royal Caribbean. There is no way any of the Carnival ships can compare to the Mariner of the Seas. Of course, some like hotdogs more than steak.

Sonny
Old 12-01-2006, 03:57 AM

Sonny,

the "hotdog vs. steak" comparison is like comparing apples with oranges. Most definitely none of the Carnival ships can compare with "Mariner of the Seas", but that doesn't mean they are inferior. They're just different.

And some people might like oranges more than apples. Well, I guess I like both, and hence I have no general preference as far as "Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean" is concerned. IMHO, they generally are on the same level - with individual exceptions, of course.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-01-2006, 08:05 AM

Raoul,
Personal service, food, and itinerary are most important. I wasn't implying Carnival, or any other cruiseline, isn't as good or better when it comes to this aspect. When is comes to a ship however, what ship can offer more than a "Voyager" class ship? I would recommend a "Voyager" class ship to anyone who hasn't sailed on one before. At least that's my opinion after sailing on all of the Royal Cribbean ships.

Sonny
Old 12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Five to ten years ago I would have agreed with Sonny. But after the last few cruises I am sold on the Longer itinerary Carnival's. The dining room service is not quite up to par with Celebrity. But I would say superior to R.C.
Carnival used to be called the party ship's, now I think that designation should be given to R.C. Yes they have hot dog's on Carnival ship's, but some very good steak's as well.And by the way the hot dog's on R.C. were quite good if I remember correctly.I am very happy with Carnival at this point, and according to my wife I am not easy to please. It would not be a good thing if everyone wanted to sail on the same line now would it? Everyone is intitled to thier opinion as far as I know and that is the way it should be!! Tom
Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 PM

Ok, I'll solve it for everyone Princess

Closed Thread

Tags
12, caribbean, carribean, celebrity, compare, comparison, cruise, cruises, destiny, mellenium, olds, renata, royal, versus, year