Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 AM

My sister and I are planning on going with my dad on a Baltic cruise in 2009. Celebrity and Azamara have almost identical itineraries, except for departure points and one additional day in St. Petersburg.

Here are a few questions.

1. We would ordinarily stay in a suite, but it appears that if we put two in a veranda cabin and one in another -- even if we pay single supplement -- it will be a couple thousand cheaper. What are the additional amenities which come with having a suite which would make the investment worth while.

2. How different will the experience be between celebrity and Azamara? Does it make sense to with Verandas on Azamara, which will be same as suite on Celebrity.

3. How important would a third day in St. Petersburg be?

Thanks for your assistance.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I can't speak on all of your questions because I took Celebrity to the Baltics. We will try Azamara to the Black Sea 2010, just to experience a smaller ship. I would have loved an extra day in St Petersburg, my best advice to you would be to book a private tour with Denrus, we had a car to ourselves with a driver and a guide, we were picked up each morning at 8am and back at the ship at 5 or 6PM. It was fantastic and forget the bus loads of people, we went in side doors ahead of the long, long lines. You can make your own day.The guide was unbelievable. I would pick the ship that maybe doesn't do port, port every day, if possible. We were in 9 ports in 10 days, we would have loved a day a sea to rest up! If you want to go to Moscow that will take up a full day so you may want 3 days, min 2 days see alot in St Petersburg

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-27-2008, 10:54 AM

waterart, janfred provided valuable insight on this one. Nothing I could add except that if the value and itins were equal, I'd opt for Azamara. They're a cut above the mainstream offerings even the premium mainstream choices like Celebrity. Whatever you decide, have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, azamara, baltic, celebrity, clebrity, cruise, review, reviews, sea, weddings