Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 03:36 PM

We are going on a 11 day cruise to Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel on December 1. We booked a Concierge Class Balcony and will be in room 9127. We would have booked just a regular balcony room but found the Concierge Class Balcony to be only $50.00 more per person so we went that route.

My questions are the following:

We have only sailed with RCCL, Princess and Holland...and have never sailed more than a 7 day cruise. How many formal nights are there on a 11 day cruise with Celebrity and do their customers dress more formal than the lines listed above?

Has anyone ever booked this room or a room near it? We have read that the deck above can overshadow the balcony and we were fine with that....but was wondering if the noise would be bad in this area?

We would like to stay in a hotel near the Port the night before. (We are going out of Fort Lauderdale)Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is very close to the port and do you happen to know of one that might offer free shuttle to and from the port and maybe even free parking while on cruise? We have found many hotels in the Port Canaveral area that offer this but so far nothing in Ft. Lauderdale.

Is there anything else I might need to know as a first time cruiser with Celebrity?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Tanya1220,
You will have 5 casual, 3 informal and 3 formal nights. We like Concierge class, rooms are a little bigger 191 sq ft vs 170 sq ft and you get the rest of the perks they mention like champagne, fresh fruit and flowers. What ship is this, you haven't mentioned that.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Sorry about that. The ship we are taking is the Constellation out of Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for the info on the formal nights.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Tanya1220,
I see it's the Constellation, we stayed in Cabin 9100 across the hall. You have no problem. Room 9100 was next to a suite that bowed out from the ship, it cut our veranda off to a v shape instead of a square, making it hard for 2 people to sit out on the varanda, (not happy) since than I see where they now state that if you select that room. You have nothing to worry about, very nice rooms, I'd send a picture if I knew how!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Wow, thanks a lot for that reply. Makes me feel good about the choice we made. Appreciate your input very much!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Hey Tanya!!!

I'm also leaving out of fort lauderdale on november 21, to board the new carnival splendor ship. There are a couple of hotels that are very nice thats in that area by the port. One is the holiday inn express thats right around the corner from the port, then you have the comfort inn thats also right around the corner. Then across the street you have the very nice hilton hotel, thats a block away from the port. Thats where i'm booked to stay in the day before my cruise.

Caribbean Resort Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cayman, celebrity, columbia, curise, grand, panama, reviews