Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 06:06 PM

I have heard that the Celebrity's Century is in overhaul for a complete renovation - I also understand that a specialty restaurant will be added. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:55 PM

Yes, the Century is to emerge from drydock this June with a number of added enhancements. Here is an excerpt from their press release tauting the new Century dining options:

"A new specialty restaurant will present the elegant dining experience praised by guests on Celebrity's four Millennium-class ships, with a menu designed by Celebrity's longtime culinary and wine consultant, Master Chef Michel Roux. The venue will follow the style of Celebrity's "Olympic," "SS United States," "Normandie" and "Ocean Liners" restaurants. The "Casual Dining Boulevard" on the lido deck will be expanded to include a Sushi Cafe, made-to-order Pasta and Pizza Bar, and small ice cream parlor, along with buffet breakfasts, themed lunches, and dinner service with a casual dress code. Fans of light, healthy spa cuisine will find what they're seeking in a new Spa Cafe inspired by the venue of the same name on Celebrity's Millennium-class ships.

For evening cocktails, a sophisticated new Martini Bar will offer Celebrity's famed menu of more than 30 versions of the popular libation, while outside on the aft deck, a new bandstand and bar complete with tapas carts will offer the ultimate setting for romantic sailaways at sunset, complete with live music."

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-19-2006, 06:53 PM

NancyN, thank you for the quote from the press release, my husband read the response and said, "wow that really sounds exciting, right up out alley" - I can't wait until September rolls around. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:45 AM

Keep your eyes open when you get your mail. Just last week I got a mailing from Celebrity filling me in on all the changes to the Century.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-27-2006, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the update, I don't recall receiving any email from Celebrity regarding the Century Cruise ship, do you still have it or if not, can I impose on you to just encapsulate it so that I know what it said. Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally posted by barbarah33:
Keep your eyes open when you get your mail. Just last week I got a mailing from Celebrity filling me in on all the changes to the Century.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Banned

Please let us know what it is like when you return. I have sailed on the Century 4 times and really like the layout. The only reason we quit was that it got to be in very rough condition. It has needed updating for the last several years. Tom
Old 05-07-2006, 09:08 AM

I would be more than happy to give you our review of the new Century, we sail on September 25 out of Barcelona which is one of my favorite cities. So gracious.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:34 AM

Etta,
I just posted a news update from Celebrity on our Cruise News Blog ( http://cruisereviews.typepad.com/ ) providing more details on the new specialty restaurant plus other dining and lounge upgrades. It all sounds great and I can't wait to check it out for myself.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread