Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:41 PM

I understand the options for a group dining on the Infitiy ship on the Alaskan cruise are at either 6:15 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. ... any tips on which time is "better." I don't want anyone to be rushed from shore excurions and I want our group to be seated during the "best" time ... andy hints?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM

It really is a matter of personal preference. I like the early dining. But many like the late dining. Those that like the late dining think they have more time to come back from shore excursions and not have to rush to dinner. Look at the times on your intinerary and determine if you think the early dining would interfer with your port time. Keep in mind you will have to be onboard ship at least a half hour earlier then your scheduled departure time on the itinerary. The reason I don't like eating late is because you do not get out of the dining room until around 10:30pm. I don't like eating a big meal so late and then maybe going to bed only a couple hours later. My schedule at home now is usually eating by 6:30pm. The shows on the ship will be sheduled around both dining hours. So don't worry about missing anything.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 AM

Or pay lots more money and go on a ship that has single sitting where you can go into the dinning room from 7 to 9. You also can sit at your regular table for breakfast and lunch.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Banned

Cruise Fanatic hit every point which needs consideration, and your decision will be determined upon your preferences. I, too, prefer the early seating, just for the fact that I don't like eating so late. I will say, however, the early seating impacted our length of time in San Juan, which was disappointing. We were there for only a total of 6 hours (2-8pm) and had to be back on the ship by 5:15p to get ready for dinner (we chose to eat in the dining room, not the Windjammer).
Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Another point is that, not only is late dining a big meal late in the evening, but if the main show is after dinner, you don't get out of that until midnight. This leaves not much time to do other fun things around the ship before calling it a night.

I have friends who think eating at 6:15pm is a late lunch, not dinner. Mostly it depends on what you usually do at home. I'd be way too starving to wait until 8:30pm to eat.

Sandy
Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 PM

Well, I am one of those people who would vote for Late Seating. I really enjoy taking a nap in the afternoon (after a full day of sun or touring) and then rev up for the evening. If I ate dinner early, I would be retiring early and while on a cruise, I love late nights at the disco, etc....Plus, the late dining seating always seems less rushed and I enjoy winding down with conversation and coffee at the end of a meal.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Banned

As previously stated, it boils down to a matter of choice as to what works best for the cruiser. Just because I like the early seating, doesn't mean the late diners are wrong....and vice versa. Heck, every once in a while late diners get to see a streaking maniac running naked through the dining room!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
As previously stated, it boils down to a matter of choice as to what works best for the cruiser. Just because I like the early seating, doesn't mean the late diners are wrong....and vice versa. Heck, every once in a while late diners get to see a streaking maniac running naked through the dining room!
Do you have any pictures you care to share with the rest of us?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

I haven't developed them yet, and when I do, I'll do my best to get them from the inside of my camera to that little screen on the computer. I am so computer inept...I am proudly a dinosaur!

If I am able to upload them, I'll need to put an "M" rating on a couple of them (M for "Mommy don't make me look!).
Old 04-12-2007, 06:52 PM

Can't wait to see photos of that dive with no splash. It will give a new meaning to sunset over the ocean.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruise, cruises, dinner, grandeur, late, main, meaning, preferences, princess, schudule, seas, seating, selecting, ship, sitting, time, times