Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 09:29 AM

These are such mundane questions, compared to all of the interesting discussion about ports, excursions, etc., but one I haven't found an answer in other discussions or reviews. My family will be sailing on the Millenium next month (Western Mediterranean).

Are there any self-laundry facilities on the Millenium, such as washing machines and ironing boards? This was available on the only other cruise we have ever taken (Holland America ship). I don't relish the thought of paying $3 or more apiece to have items like exercise clothing laundered.

Also, despite the "no jeans" dining room policy, I assume my teen-aged daughters will be fine wearing nice non-faded jeans with heels and dressy tops on the more casual nights. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,
Ryce
Old 05-13-2006, 09:29 AM

These are such mundane questions, compared to all of the interesting discussion about ports, excursions, etc., but one I haven't found an answer in other discussions or reviews. My family will be sailing on the Millenium next month (Western Mediterranean).

Are there any self-laundry facilities on the Millenium, such as washing machines and ironing boards? This was available on the only other cruise we have ever taken (Holland America ship). I don't relish the thought of paying $3 or more apiece to have items like exercise clothing laundered.

Also, despite the "no jeans" dining room policy, I assume my teen-aged daughters will be fine wearing nice non-faded jeans with heels and dressy tops on the more casual nights. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,
Ryce
Old 05-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Administrator

I am not aware of any self-service laundry facilities on Millennium. We were on her sister ship Infinity a couple of months ago, and there were none. Laundry service was available through the cabin steward, though, but I don't recall the prices.

As for jeans in the dining room, sorry to say that jeans of any type are not permitted in the evening. Celebrity is pretty serious about this policy. I suggest your daughters bring a pair of slacks in place of the jeans. The rest of the outfit sounds fine.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:40 AM

LisaP is correct. There aren't any self-service laundry facilities on the Millennium. If you want things laundered you need to send them out.

Celebrity prides itself on being a 'classier' line and they do ask their guests to please maintain their dress code at all times. So no matter what your age there are no jeans in the dining room at dinner. They also kindly request that on formal nights you maintain your formal attire throughout the evening whereas on other lines like Carnival it seems a good amount of people get out of dinner and go to their cabins to get back in their shorts for the rest of the night.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 06-25-2006, 03:23 PM

we were on the millenium and constellation. no laundry. (we like to do ours, too, and were disappointed). They will do pieces, for $$$.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:13 AM

We have been on the millenium several times and other celbrity ships . No there are no laundry facilities and the charges can be from 3$ to 8$ depending on what is being cleaned. I have to say this year is the first time I had anything Laundered and I was not impressed with the finish on my garnments.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:33 PM

Trude,
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the laundry service. But given the generally mediocre housekeeping services we received on Millenium last month (our room was never really clean, even on the 1st day), we chose not to trust them with any of our clothing. Instead we washed it out in the room ourselves. I guess our instincts were right.

I thought I should also update this thread regarding my other question -- about jeans in the dining room. My teen-aged daughters in fact worn jeans to the main dining room and shows a number of times on causual nights -- always dark wash jeans with fairly dressy tops, heels and jewelry. Not a word was said about their attire and, to my eye at least, they were more "dressed" than many of the dress code-compliant passengers.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, charge, clothes, code, cruise, cruises, dining, dress, fees, jeans, laundry, millenium, princess, room, teen, washed