Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 AM

One2, it looks like the 14 day Caribbean itinerary on Zenith is a terrific combination of days in port and days at sea. I last sailed the Zenith in November 2005 and liked it a lot, too.

Sandy
Old 01-25-2006, 08:29 AM

I agree that Celebrity needs to spruce up their ships. Just got off Galaxy and saw backs of seats in theater actually lying on the ground, decking worn off...looks much better on post card than being on the ship. Understand Galaxy going to dry dock in March for refurb and back in Oct for shorter cruises. That's what we heard...not sure if it's true.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:45 AM

A cruise ship can be booked far in advance and still be sold; the new owners can choose to continue the same arrangements and itineraries, or not.

Celebrity may advertise or try to promote the sense of being a premium line, as does Holland America. The fact is that neither line has ever been anything but mass market. Perhaps there were years when these lines were the top of the mass market group. Those days are gone.

Lana
Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 AM

Please, someone tell me what they like about this ship?
Besides the size, this boat has nothing that you would want on a ship in todays market for the price.
I have been on my share of ships, small ones and larger ones, what am I missing that everyone else seems to like. Its not a classic liner, its just a smaller ship that has seen her best days pass her by because the company doesnt want to put any money in her.
The service was a joke, the public spaces were simple, and the ship had no interior atmosphere.
I will say again, the food was good, and this ship looks great from offshore.

Art

P.S. 18 times? I wouldnt give her a second time...

P.S.S. Its hard to believe I am writing these harsh critism on a ship, I had always wanted to cruise on.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

Lana and Art
I agree with both of you on most point's. I will say however the dinning room service is the best I have had on any cruise line. The food quality has been very good also.The last few year's it seem's that X has put no money into the ship's. We really loved the Century several years ago, but it went down hill in the last couple of years.The Horizon should have been our clue, we sailed her 4 years ago and it was a mess. Then we switched to The Century and it went downhill steadily.We are not going back to Celebrity until they clean up thier act.They certainly charge PREMIUM PRICES for what is not a PREMIUM EXPERIENCE.As I have said before I think they will loose market share if they do not turn thing's around.Some people don't mind the broken seat's in the theater, the filthy carpet's, the worn bedding,bad plumbing in the cabins that back's up fairly regularly,the broken chair's and table's in the dinning room as well as The Lido deck, and the silverware that came over on the Mayflower.But more power to them if they don't mind that makes more room for those of us that do mind on other line's. Tom
Old 01-27-2006, 07:34 AM

Wow ! Sure is a bunch of soreheads and malcontents writing about Celebrity cruse ships on this chat line....this must be folks who have so much money they book on only the Seabourne or Crystal type ships.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:59 AM

one2fish,

I think you are absolutely wrong.
Im sure, that everybody who wrote here about Celebrity, know at least one ship of their fleet and share their experiences with the others.
Thats, what the board is for.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Art:
Please, someone tell me what they like about this ship?
Besides the size, this boat has nothing that you would want on a ship in todays market for the price.
The thing I like best about the Zenith at the moment is that she does short cruises. There are few ships that do 4 night cruises. I've done several 3 night cruises on RCI's Majesty of the Seas, and 4 night cruises on Enchantment of the Seas. Zenith was a nice change of pace, and the 4 night itinerary fit into the available time we had. I sailed Zenith in November 2005, and didn't notice any threadbare rugs, missing seat backs or deteriorating conditions. It's true she doesn't have an ice skating rink or other amenities you find in newer ships, but she has a convenient 4 night itinerary, great food and service and decent rooms, both cabins and public rooms. My one complaint is that I like RCI's policy of having buffets available for dinner.

I'd sail Zenith again without hesitation if I were looking for a shorter cruise.

Sandy
Old 01-27-2006, 08:42 AM

Sandy,
I agree, I sailed on the Zenith last August to Bermuda. I liked the ship. I saw nothing wrong with her. To Bermuda they did have dinner buffet for a $2pp reservation charge. I ate every night in the main dining room. My waiter, Edwaudo from Peru, and asst waiter Felix from Honduras, were one of the best teams I've had. While RCI's Voyager class ships have a big WOW factor, if you don't use rockclimbing, inline skating, etc.; then why pay for them. Because you know those amenities are built in to the cost of the cruise. I also like doing shorter cruises for a little get away. Next winter they will have the Century doing 4 & 5.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:37 AM

I'm so disappointed to hear of all the negativity on the Celebrity Zenith. We have sailed on the Zenith before and had a wonderful time. We have sailed on 4 other ships Celebrity has to offer and have all been grand. We as a family love to cruise and have sailed on other cruise lines, but always come back to Celebrity as they always have been a step up from the others. Now with that said, we have booked a 5 night cruise with our friends and family (there will be 12 of us) based on our recommendations that this would be a great way for them to experience cruising (as none of the others have sailed before) and also to cruise on our favorite line. I'm getting scared here will all these comments. I would hate for them to have a bad time, but then again, I think it can only be as bad as you want it to be. I'm sure that their expectations will be less than ours, but I really want them to enjoy themselves as well. We will look forward to our getaway regardless of the conditions as we tend to be one big happy group!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, celebrity, crew, cruise, cruises, dancers, docked, dry, members, names, review, reviews, ship, zenit, zenith