Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Can someone give us the FACTS on Zenith...once, FOR CERTAIN,....has she been recently drydocked for refurbishing?????? Rumor is she was in for refurbihing in early November 2005. Who knows? I'm hoping it's true cause we're booked on her for 14 days, Nov. 3 2006 departure out of Tampa. We love that medium-size ship!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:33 PM

As far I know she was drydocked, but you wouldnt have known it. I can't imagine anyone having to be on that ship for 14 days. But have fun anyways, I'm just one passenger with an opinion.
When is her last day with Celebrity anyways?
But as I said on other occasions, the food was great, and she looks good from afar.
I will stop there...

Newkie
Old 01-09-2006, 02:51 PM

One2, I was on Zenith Nov. 10-14 and we had a great time. I don't recall that she was in for refurbishing before that, and I don't know about afterwards.

Sandy
Old 01-13-2006, 09:02 AM

I'm still in the dark!! Was or was notCelebrity's Zenith refurbished in November 2005 or sometime about then???? Too, is she or is she not being sold as was Horizon???? These cruise lines must know that all people who love cruising (especially MYSELF) are not crazy about these so-called MEGA ships with all their thousands of passengers capacity.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:21 PM

Im not crazy about the newest big ships either, getting too big, but come on, the Zenith is ready for the scrap yard, Celebrity knows it, and thats why they sold her without putting much money into her refurbishment on her last dry dock...

Art
Old 01-14-2006, 06:34 AM

Have been on the Zenith last february for a 14 night caribbean cruise.
Compared to all other cruise (okay with newer ships) we were so disappointed. It was our first Celebrity cruise. The ship is too old, everything is out of date. The furniture in the public areas are so worn out, that you sit almost on the floor.
The dining room has not enough space, not for the guests, not for the waiters. You have to sit at a table with 8 person, which is designed for 6 persons. We were also disappointed about the food. It was much better on all our NCL and RCCL cruises. No nice decorations or presentation of the food, medium quality in the dining room and in the Self-Service almost cold food and not diversified. And we have heard so much about the Celebrity cuisine and then this.

Sorry guys, I known, that the Zenith has many fans. But we pay a lot for a cruise, so we deserve more then average on a Celebrity ship.
Have been on the Splendour on the transatlantic crossing in november, this ship was more than worth the price we paid.

Marita

Old 01-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

Oppis
I think that if Celebrity does not get thier act together they will cease to exist.They are supposed to be a PREMIUM LINE. But I have not seen it the last couple of cruise.The service is very good, But! How about the rest of the story!Tom
Old 01-19-2006, 07:19 AM

Well now....nobody has yet answered my question with anything definite....has or has not Zenith been SOLD???????????????????????????????????????
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 AM

I'm told the Zenith has NOT been sold, and will continue to sail 10 and 11 day Caribbean itineraries once the Century takes over its 4 and 5 night itineraries. It's the Horizon that is leaving the fleet in late April.

Sandy
Old 01-25-2006, 06:07 AM

Wow ! Finally got an answer....and I surely Thank you for the information about Zenith NOT BEING SOLD. We are Booked for next November for 14 days and I couldn't imagine it had been sold if they were booking passage that far in advance. It's a matter of personal preference, of course, but that ship is a favorite of ours for a lot of reasons. It's also a favorite of a gentleman and his wife we know from Atlanta that have sailed on it 18 times; as I recall.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, celebrity, crew, cruise, cruises, dancers, docked, dry, members, names, review, reviews, ship, zenit, zenith