Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 PM

We are thinking of the Trnas Atlantic aboard the Costellation. I would like some honest opinions on this ship as well as the cruise itself.We cruised with Celebrity in the past and were very happy to begin with but the condition of the ships got to be terrible. We quit them about 5 or 6 years ago. We are Captains club members and I am very interested in this itinerary but do not want a dirty unkept ship..Please advise and please be honest...

Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 AM

Wish I could help vietvet, my first experience with Celebrity will be on the Solstice this December. I have read some less than stellar reviews on their older ships, but then again, I usually take them with a grain of salt. I know we have members on board that have sailed her, so I hope they will answer your post and be honest. Best wishes!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
I just love this ship, I have been on the Constellation twice. The last time was Sept to New England/Canada and also in 2006 to the Baltics. She won't disappoint you. Not sure what ships in the Celebrity line you were unhappy with but we have been on the Century also (Fabulous refurb) she is my favorite, also the Solstice was amazing but to large for our taste. We were on the Galaxy also but she is sold. Now if it is the old Horizon....well I can understand that one, but she is also gone from the fleet. Well, as for a Trans Atlantic I haven't done one of those yet but I am sure someone esle can help you on that one. Have fun! Not sure what level of Captains Club you are but they just re-vamped it finally and it is now GREAT. I can't wait to see the Mercury in Feb because she is the sister of the Galaxy and we loved that one. She also went thru a dry dock I think it was 2007, I forget someone wanted to know and I did find that out in another question sometime ago.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the input. We were on the Horizon, that was a mess.We sailed the Century 3 times loved it the first 2, the 3rd was before she had a refurb and she was rough.. We also sailed the Galaxy one time and she was very rough.I am interested in the trans atlantic cruises. Are they boring with that many sea days? Are the Atlantic waters rough? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 PM
I was thinking it might be the Horizon...that was disapointing and the Galaxy was just about new when we took her to Alaska, loved it than. Well, you know I haven't been on a Trans Atlantic but we love sea days. We are never bored, this one is very individual. When we went on the Solstice we didn't even get off in one port. We enjoy the ship, but I also hear people say how they love the ports so...not sure if I can help on this one.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM

I know SonnyV has done Transatlantics. The oceans can get rough, but the captains always try to steer clear of as much as they can. When we were on our cruise last December/January, we were in the Atlantic quite a few days and we had some really rough seas. The Royal was small, but she did well. We did have to drop our speed, so we didn't make St. Barts in time to go ashore. Had we been in our orginal cabin on deck 6, we couldn't have used our balcony the first 3 days. They "upgraded" us to deck 8. Even so, you would still get quite a bit of spray out on the balcony the first few days. We didn't have any problems, and not sure if many did on board, but didn't seem to be too many missing from dinner. It just reminded me of how sailing used to be, rocking and a rolling
Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM

I have just seen this thread and was about to ask the same question about Constellation. We were on her in 2007 and loved it. The following year we were on Millenium and felt that it really needed a time in dry dock.
We did Solstice this Feb. We loved the sleekness and design. We were upset not to be able to walk all the way around the ship on one level and miss the quiet areas of the deck towards the rear. The noise from the basketball netted area made the prow a no go area for a quiet read.
I am now thinking of another Constellation trip and I suppose my question is 'does she still look pristine and bright' or is it time for a refit?
Thanks all in advance.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Surfinia,
I love the Constellation. My 2nd time on her was Sept 2008 to New England/Canada. I can say it was still pristine and bright. I would go on her again in a heartbeat! I loved our CC Stateroom, and of course the rest of the ship!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 PM

I have pretty much decided I want to do this except for the air fare back to the States. Very high!Any suggestions?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 PM

Have you talked to a Travel Agent? They have access to consolidator rates. Also, did you price out the cruise line air? In cases like this sometimes the cruise line air works well. Keep in mind the cruise lines air would include transfers which can be pricey in Europe.

Closed Thread

Tags
alantic, atlantic, captain, celebity, constellation, cruise, cruises, review, ship, trans, transatlantic, transatlatntic