Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2005, 06:12 AM

I believe there are two different HA's One that is the traditional HA and the new Vista. We will be sailing the Oosterdam in August to Alaska and my son is more thrilled with this than the two sooner upcomming cruises listed here.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned

Yes, RCCL!
I can recomend a 5 day cruise for the same time if you want? How long do you want?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:37 AM

Our friends went on a Disney cruise recently and can't stop talking about it. Free childcare until midnight, the cabins are spacious and classy, food is great (they said they were rotated between a different restaurant each night but with the same wait staff), plenty of activities for both child and adult. They have a 6 year old daughter, who actually preferred to be in playing with her friends, which freed up lots of time for Mom and Dad to spend together.

We are seriously considering taking our family in a couple years when our daughter is a bit older (child is 1). You might want to check out their website: http://www.disneycruise.com

Adrienne
Old 10-26-2005, 10:24 AM

I think the Disney recommendation is a great one. Your husband will be pleasantly suprised as those ships are top notch. I sent an older couple (who didn't have children) on the Magic a few years ago. The wife picked it out for the "fun" of Disney, and I was sure the hubby would hate it (bit of a travel snob himself). She couldn't get him off the boat! He still raves about the trip.

And the Magic either just came out of or is just finishing being in dry dock. They're adding on to the kid's club, redoing the spa areas, and if I'm not mistaken, adding a movie screen or something outside on one of the decks.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Hello,

I can't think of anything that would be more fun than going on a cruise with 5 year old twins! Though your husband may be a travel snob, try and make the whole trip an adventure, for the twins and get them involved in every aspect of the cruise. Celebrity cruises are more oriented toward older adults, not stuffy by any means but rather the ships are like fine European hotels. Accordingly, an RCL or Disney ship will be the better choice for you. I would select a cruise with the least likely hassles at airports/ flight times and so on.

Have a great time,

Fred
Old 12-15-2005, 07:05 PM

Yes the Disney ships are top notch, but of all the cruise lines I have been on, the food was the worst of the group.
Ask yourself whats important to you, food, type of passengers, activities etc. Because your kids at that age will enjoy any of the ships that have a good kids program.

Art
Old 12-16-2005, 05:13 AM

Travel snob? I thought I cornered the market on travel snobbery... This is all you need to do: get him on the ship and wait 24 hours. He will de-snob on his own. A key part of de-snobbery is not having to amuse two 5 year olds 24/7. In that vein I would pick the best CCL ship I could get. Travel snobs probably prefer smaller ships, so keep that in mind... Good luck- he will love it as long as it is family friendly and he can relax. I have watched incredible acts of de-snobbery... for example, my mother... so I'm sure you will have a great time.

Closed Thread

Tags
10, caribbean, celebrity, cruise, cruises, cruse, day, enjoy, good, mellinium, old, royal, ship, year, yearolds, yr