Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
LHT, if the thread you highlighted is any indication, there are just as many very happy campers as unhappy campers regarding the Quest's no-smoking-except-in-allowed-areas policy. I agree that it will be interesting to see if they have more problems than usual filling a 710 passenger ship that has a restrictive smoking policy.

Sandy
Well if they follow in Oceania footsteps they will fill the ships.
Oceania usually sails fully booked on their 3 ships.
We had to book a year out just to get cabins

I guess time will tell!
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Hi Chef Ken,

yes indeed, I'm from Germany - from the romantic rhine - and there I always saw the cruise ships, dreaming of being on board there, too - one day. Happily my grandma took me with her on a cruise along the river Mosel and I was caught by the "Cruise-syndrome".

Thinking I couldn't afford such a cruise, I was surprised to find some affordable offers years later, departing from Miami as I searched for some affordable hotels for a trip to Florida (I got some relatives in the US, that I visited several times the last years due to the cheap US$, but because I do not want to nerve them too long, I am always making a trip somewhere else).

I decided to make a short cruise on Carnival's Fascination, although I had a great offer for an SS Norway cruise and I could not imagine, that such a classic liner could be a "freestyle-ship". Still don't know, whether that decision was right - it was Norway's last cruise as I found out a few days later when I woke up by the sound of an army of police cars, fire trucks and so on and switched on the TV......

And now I am saving for the next caribbean cruise ..........................

Walter
Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 PM

I'll copy below the industry blurb I got on the change. They are currently selling both ships under the new name.

Azamara Cruises, a division of Celebrity cruises, is a deluxe line designed to offer exotic, destination-driven travel experiences. Azamara provides guests with a distinctive combination of impeccable service, exceptional cuisine and off-the-beaten-path destinations, with truly immersive excursions.

The intimate Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, formerly the Celebrity Journey and Celebrity Quest, allow passage into remote ports that larger cruise ships are unable to reach, some of which have never before been visited by cruise ships. An onboard "excursion expert" will be available to help guests choose shore excursions personalized to their interests and educate passengers on the culture and history of each port. Butler service is on hand in every stateroom and suite, and guests can enjoy a daily fruit basket, fresh-cut flowers, flat-screen televisions and wireless internet. With an emphasis on luxury and relaxation, Azamara cruise ships provide private spa services available in each stateroom, as well as a variety of services accessible in the ship's spa, including microderm abrasion and acupuncture.

Azamara Cruises features destinations including Bermuda, the Caribbean, South America/Antarctica, the Panama Canal, Europe and Asia.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:39 AM

Azamara Journey has completed its first cruise, if you can call it that. They should have had a shakedown cruise. It left a day late, and construction and repairs continued while underway. They received full refunds, so it was free. But some observed "you get what you pay for". Some people left the ship in Bermuda and flew home, they were that disgruntled. All agreed it was a beautiful ship, and photos endorse that. Reports of this experience will keep me from ever signing up for an inaugural cruise. But I'm not going to cancel my 10/27/07 Journey reservation.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

I would like no smoking at all, but limited smoking is a start! I geuss the no smoking would not work, The Carnival Paradise did not make it long! Tom
Old 05-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
I would like no smoking at all, but limited smoking is a start! I geuss the no smoking would not work, The Carnival Paradise did not make it long! Tom
It is working for Oceania!
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 PM

They hired a VP from Crystal a few years ago and the this seems to be the results.

At $300 to $400 PP Per Day, they are cometing in a different league. Compare Regent with 300+ Sq Ft cabins and all inclusive and it is easy to make the correct decision.

Love Celebrity, but now they are trying to are spreding themselves a little too thin. They are out of their element in the Luxury market.

Just look at the corporate structure as proof. They should have kept expanding the Celebrity line as they had little competition.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mrw cruiser:
They hired a VP from Crystal a few years ago and the this seems to be the results.

At $300 to $400 PP Per Day, they are cometing in a different league. Compare Regent with 300+ Sq Ft cabins and all inclusive and it is easy to make the correct decision.
Are you talking about Azamara or Oceania?
Frank DelRio (REN) and Joe Watters(Crystal) started Oceania.

Not everyone wants to pay for other peoples drinks on Regent & the cost is much more than the other lines mentioned

FUTURE CRUISES:

Closed Thread

Tags
acupuncturist, azamara, cruise, cruises, forum, lawrence, line, marina, oceania, policy, pullmantour, regent, smoking, st, westerdam