Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 07:37 PM

OK..I'm another newby to crusing & I'm hoping for some guidance on what to expect and clothes to bring from anyone who has been on this Infinite cruise or who goes on it before August 26th.. There's 3 couples of us. Two in Concierge Class & 1 in the Celebrity suite, all on the Vista deck. Anyone who has experienced with these rooms please let us know what to expect.

Also what clothes to take? I've seen many who wrote use layers, at least one said take a warm coat for the deck and my wife is already filling up mulitiple suitcases.. I'm hoping the layers suggestion works. Also can we get by with a sports coat, tie & slacks at the formal dinners vs suits?

We're going on the Misty Fjords Boat & Floatplane in Ketchikan, Whale watching Wildelife Cruise & 4 glacier Helicopter tour in Juneau, and Remote Bush & Brown Bear Search in Icy Stait. Any suggestions on what to wear on these greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM

You definitely need layers. On deck when the ship is in motion is get very cold. It might be 60 but with the wind chill it's in the 30's AND BLOWING. On land and during the day it varies. Usually August is pretty good. For Juneau, expect rain (it just does). Ketchikan is pretty normal. In August you can expect 70+ degrees. Icy strait is just COLD. You will always need a jacket on deck. At night on your balcony you can get away with a sweater. On the ship, it can be just a shirt at all times maybe long sleeve at night.
SO... For day tours, wear a shirt, a light sweater, and a jacket. If you have a HEAVY (ski) sweater you won't need the jacket.
THe above is pretty normal for August.
Have fun. Frank
Old 07-14-2007, 08:08 AM

Thanks Frank...You info is very helpful. Sounds like we need to be prepared for COLD (it is Alaska).

If anyone has suggestions on the formal evenings we would really appreciate it.

Thanks again....
Robert
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 PM

We were on the Infinity the week of 7/1/07 (round-trip Vancouver) & it was usually in the 50's, a little rain every day, & very little sunshine. One day we wore our Columbia, rain-proof jackets. At times while out on the deck, I was glad to my $1 stretch gloves! Our ship actually docked at Ketchikan & Juneau, so as the weather changed, we also had the opportunity to easily run back to the ship, drop shopping bags, change jackets, get ready for excursions, etc. We were also glad we took our small umbrella which fit in the backpack. Not to worry though, you will find weather-resistant light-weight jackets at various shops in Ketchikan & Juneau for $20...we took 2 home with us! The Infinity is great ship--service & food were both great! Sorry, don't know anything about your cabins. Have fun! We did!
Old 07-29-2007, 04:08 AM

Hi! Robert
My husband and I went on the Infinity Alaskan Cruise 17th June. We had a few sunny days temp was around 65/70.The Day we stopped at Ketchikan it was pouring down but it wasnt freezing cold. As previously mentioned they do sell light jackets for $20, this saves on taking a jacket with you and cheap enough to dispose of if you dont want to carry extra luggage home. All ports were excellent. Infinity was good, we paid for the upgrade to Concierge Class, but to be quite honest, comparing that to Balcony Cabins on previous cruise lines we couldnt really say it was better service,we didnt even get the towel animals that the other cruise line have done on their turn downs service, which we thought was a nice touch. Overall cruise excellent. Formal attire, well, we did the full formalwear but everybody is different on what they class as Formal these days! A gentleman could get away with a dark suit,shirt and tie.
Happy Cruising!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
infinity, jackets, us