Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2005, 06:14 PM

We have booked for Alaska and want to know what to expect. I have read about suits verses tux's, jeans no jeans, no shorts. Please give me so info!!! What do you think we should bring? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:37 PM

The Mercury is considered a premium ship and as such, is a bit more formal than mass-market ships. I would consider a tux, but a dark suit would also suffice. I just cruised her on an 8-night Mexican Riviera cruise and there were two formal (tux or dark suit) and three informal (sport coat and tie) evenings.

Take advantage of the opportunity to dress and have a great time.

Tom
Old 04-03-2005, 10:23 PM

Thanks! Seems like I will be shopping a bit for Jack!! How about during the day? casual, capri, dockers, polos, etc? What about jeans? Are they acceptable at all?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:26 AM

You will see every kind of dress during the daytime you can imagine. About the only place that has a dress code would be the main restaurant, which requires long pants (no shorts), however, one usually see a few folks in shorts int he restaurant. I prefer to dine in the Palm Springs Cafe (the main buffet) they offer a great salad bar and the Palm Springs Grill offers unique lunch dishes every day.

I usually spend the day in my bathing suit by the pool and simply put a shirt on to go to lunch.

Tom
Old 07-18-2005, 02:55 PM

Did you get any advice?
Are you back from your cruise?
We're going to Alaska on Vision of the Seas in August and was wondering about tuxes on formal nights to Alaska. I won one, but don't want to pack anything extra if not necessary.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate your reply,
Will Burt
Denver area Colorado
Old 07-18-2005, 05:24 PM

A dark suit is just fine on the Vision of the Seas. If you want to pack light, you can wear a dark blue suit on formal night and then use the coat as a blazer with slacks on the informal nights. Just a thought.

Have a great cruise in Alaska.

Tom
Old 07-18-2005, 09:12 PM

We returned the end of June and had the best time ever. We did were jeans daily. The only really dress us was for dinner in the dining room, the other areas are more casual, not really jeans although we saw quite a few in jeans, mostly capri's or kackies (sp?) I did not think it was that formal. Our casual dinners we wore capri's and sleeveless shirts. The boys had nice slacks and a sport shirt or polo. The formal was a suit coat and tie. Not many with tux's. We did see the Vision and it is much larger that the Mercury. I hope you had a great time if you have gone and if not I hope you have a great time!!! Bring your gloves!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:12 AM

Hi Will,
Welcome to cruise-chat. I have to agree with both Tom and lakecarol. Alaska cruises seem to have a more relaxed dress code than other itineraries. So, although I love to see a man in a tuxedo - if you don't wish to pack it - no problem.

Just enjoy the cruise. Alaska is awesome and the Vision of the Seas is a great ship.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, coat, cruise, dining, fine, formal, light, room, sport