Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   New Zealand and Australia (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/27417-new-zealand-australia.html)

Houstonpam 08-12-2008 11:24 AM

we will be sailing on Millennium March 09. I am worried as I have been reading all the bad reviews about the ship. We are in cabin cc-8176
Should we book another cruise line.

Cruise Fanatic 08-13-2008 07:12 AM

There are also reports that the Millennium is just fine. Yes, ships show some wear and tear after a few years, and before they go in for refurbishment. I think the whiners just blow things out of proportion.

Houstonpam 08-18-2008 09:28 AM

Thank you. I would like to find some one who has sailed her in the last few months.Anyone been on the New Zealand/Australia tour? Any places we should not miss and any that we should stay away from?

bendbabe 08-31-2008 10:25 PM

http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gifAre you sure you aren't cruising on the Millennium on March 1.....I'm on the Millenium on March 1, Sydney to Auckland.....Just checking?????

Houstonpam 08-31-2008 11:12 PM

Pretty sure..LOL We are Auckland to Sydney. So where you end up we start. Any info? We are just starting to plan what we want to see and do.

KL Smith 09-18-2008 02:47 PM

Houstonpam:

What have you heard that was bad?

We are on the Millenium Syd-Auck Feb 1st and then the Holland America Volendam on the return Feb 16th.

Thanks for any info.

bizzybee 09-18-2008 06:13 PM

I sailed on the Millennium in May of this year and have wrote in with my experiences. First I want to say I find Cruise Fanatic's statement offensive. Isn't one of the purposes of this forum to discuss our experiences. I wish I had researched the ship more before I left. I would have still sailed but would have been prepared. I would have known small things that do not ruin a cruise, but are part of the experience, such as their thallosotherapy has a maintenance issue. I should have worn a disposable bathing suit. I read on another website's forum after our return that this has been a problem with other passengers. Someone described it as a possible grout problem. It left a white substance imbedded in my suit bottom, which looked like white lines. The wear and tear on the ship did not affect our cruise. Our stateroom was excellent. We had some service issues, but not something likely to occur frequently. Their laundry room spilled bleach on a bag of my clothing. I do not classify stating facts as whining, more so educating. If I had the chance to sail the Millennium again I would do so only if it was an itenarary that exceeded what other ships may offer. But this is only my opinion and we are all entitled to one. Best wishes for your future cruise.

Houstonpam 09-19-2008 12:13 AM

Thank you for posting.I was so looking forward to the cruise.My dad and my sister and I are going together,my Dad is handicapped and in a wheelchair and we have booked a handicapped room in the concierge class. Not sure what the concierge class room's are all about,but the travel agent said we would be happy.I hope so.
Thank you

janfred 09-19-2008 04:02 AM

Houstonpam
Quote:

Not sure what the concierge class room's are all about,but the travel agent said we would be happy.I hope so.
Concierge Class rooms are slightly larger, you have fresh flowers, champagne and fruit waiting for you. The have an umbrella and binoculars for your use. They even have a menu for your pillow choice and the thick bathrobes, special shower head and a few more perks. This class counts as an extra point for the Captains Club.

LisaP 09-19-2008 04:53 AM

Here is information on the Concierge Class perks on Millennium. I'd take these more as suggestions...we got most of them on our cruises. No biggie.

You've got a great cabin...the aft cabins are considered by many to be the most desirable. Your cabin may slightly larger than the one illustrated in the link, and will have a shower instead of a tub. Yet, you should find it very comfortable.

If you get a chance, dine in the Olympic Restaurant one evening. It can be pricey, but the menu is superb and the location is stunning. I usually don't do the specialty restaurant thing on ships, but I have no hesitation in recommending those on Celebrity as they are definitely worth the extra cost, IMO.