Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 AM

Hi,
I have only just joined Cruise chat and am facinated reading everything and also with how much everyone knows about cruising!
Please see my previous mail 'Help on Med cruise on Summit in September' and tell me all you can that will help us make it a memorable experience.
As relative 'Cruise Virgins' all the info we can get will be much appreciated.
Can anyone give a rough guide to prices of drinks and wine on board? Also I note that you cannot take drink on board to have in your stateroom - is that a firm rule? I like Canadian Club Whisky and you can hardly ever get it in hotels or bars anymore so would like to think I can still have my favourite tipple.
Anything that you can tell me to make this trip truly memorable would be wonderful.
Oh, and is it right that Summit is having an update early this year?
Thank you for your help.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ann135:
Hi,
I have only just joined Cruise chat and am facinated reading everything and also with how much everyone knows about cruising!
Please see my previous mail 'Help on Med cruise on Summit in September' and tell me all you can that will help us make it a memorable experience.
As relative 'Cruise Virgins' all the info we can get will be much appreciated.
Can anyone give a rough guide to prices of drinks and wine on board? Also I note that you cannot take drink on board to have in your stateroom - is that a firm rule? I like Canadian Club Whisky and you can hardly ever get it in hotels or bars anymore so would like to think I can still have my favourite tipple.
Anything that you can tell me to make this trip truly memorable would be wonderful.
Oh, and is it right that Summit is having an update early this year?
Thank you for your help.
Hi Ann, welcome to cruise chat. Most of my experience has been with Carnival but I think most cruise lines will allow a bottle per person. I would not put it in your suitcase as they will see it in the x-ray and have to investigate, take it with you through the embarkation process.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Hi ann135, and welcome to cruise-chat.com! I'm glad you're enjoying the site -- as you said, there is a lot of great information provided by many knowledgeable people.

Regarding your upcoming cruise, here are a few answers:

Celebrity's prices for drinks may be found here. (This is certainly a rough guide given the "and up" figures.)

And, here is the lines' Guest Alcohol Policy. So, the official word is that you may bring wine and champagne onboard (2 each) but not hard liquor.

As far as making the trip more memorable, might I suggest dining one evening in the alternative restaurant, Normandie? I usually don't recommend the cruise lines' extra-fee restaurants, yet Celebrity does a superb job with this and we felt it was worth every penny (and more) on our last two Celebrity cruises.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
So Ann, Lisa really knows her stuff, so only wine is allowed not hard liquer. So here is a solution. Put your CC in a champagne bottle
Old 01-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Thank you both so much for that help. Can't wait for September - not for the birthday but for the cruise!
Long time to go but at least we have a villa holiday in Florida to look forward to at the end of January.
Enjoy your cruising! Is there a way of finding if people on Cruise-chat are on the same cruise as us? Would be nice to have a drink and chat together.
Bye for now.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

You're very welcome, Ann. Our Celebrity roll call boards are located here. Take a look to see if anyone's already posted and if not, start a new post with the ship name and date in the subject line.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, experts, forums