Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I have heard allot of good things about Celebrity and specificly, allot of good things about the Constellation. So, I am considering taking a cruise on the Constellation.

Has anyone here cruised on the Constellation? If so, what is your opinion of the ship? Also, when would be the best time to take a cruise on the Constellation? Would any itenerary be better than the other (East Caribbean? West Caribbean? Mediteranian? other?)?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 AM

Hi Frase
We were on the constellation back in March for a 11 night cruise(ultimate caribbean) and it was fabulous.The service, food, amenities, shows,bands,classical music etc were all of a very high standard. I don't think you will be disappointed. As for itinerary, it really depends what interests you. Best wishes Janet
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM

I sailed on the Constellation last October on a Caribbean cruise from NYC. The ship is terrific. We had a balcony cabin that was a little above average size for cruise ships (there was room for a small sofa in the cabin). The food was very good but the breakfast buffet became a little redundant . Plenty of things to do onboard. I would definitely sail her again!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:00 AM

We cruised on the Constellation back in Dec 2006. The food A+ Service A+ Shows A+ Getting on board C Getting off the go home (disembarkment) F It took almost 2hours to get off the ship. If you like old folks homes you'll love it. The older people on this cruise were the rudest people I've ever seen. The ship itself great, the old people on board nasty. 65% were over 75 years old. If you're young or young at heart this is not the ship for you!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
We took the Constellation to the Baltic's. Fabulous itinerary and beautiful ship. Not to worry at all.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Wow! Do others feel the same way?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tex:
We cruised on the Constellation back in Dec 2006. The food A+ Service A+ Shows A+ Getting on board C Getting off the go home (disembarkment) F It took almost 2hours to get off the ship. If you like old folks homes you'll love it. The older people on this cruise were the rudest people I've ever seen. The ship itself great, the old people on board nasty. 65% were over 75 years old. If you're young or young at heart this is not the ship for you!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jmcs:
Wow! Do others feel the same way?
I don't. We were recently on a Celebrity cruise in Europe, and many of the pax we met were 60s, 70s, and older. (We're in our 40s.) I absolutely loved talking with my fellow pax, as many were very well traveled, and I loved hearing their experiences of places they visited -- and recommendations for us on where to visit next.

After many cruises, I can attest that rudeness comes in all ages. Fortunately, we've found most pax to be pleasant on all the lines we've tried.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM

We just came off the Constellation last week. Took it transatlantic from Dover to New Jersey. WOW! What a fantastic ship. We've done Norwegian, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean and Constellation beat them all. It's not the glitzy fanciest ship (RC Mariner was), but it's elegant in a more subtle way. Biggest difference was food and service. Both were outstanding. Ship, inlcuding the room and all public rooms (even public rest rooms) were spotlessly clean and had little extra touches that no other ship has had. Food was the best by far. We're not big on excursions so only went on one, but all port stops were good and even the tendering was done well. Bartenders, waiters, room stewards....all service personnel were friendly, professional and acted like it would be their honor to serve you! Really, really great. Best cruise I've ever been on. Only down side for us (in our mid 40's) is that the guests were mostly 65 and older, but we still met some people in our age range and had a wonderful time. Suggest you get a balcony room, but don't pay the extra concierge service. Was a nice touch, but not worth $300 per person. Could have spent that money elsewhere.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by janfred:
We took the Constellation to the Baltic's. Fabulous itinerary and beautiful ship. Not to worry at all.
we are planning a cruise to the baltic july 2008/ would love to hear some tips on shore trips etc . (it will be our first cruise on Constellation)
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM

We took the 2007/2008 New Year's cruise on the Constellation (Eastern Carribbean). The most memorable parts were the ship's amenities (unique, high quality, readily accessible) and the service (impeccable at all times in all departments). It is a little more low key than your RCCL type cruise. Bars aren't as crowded, the theater never fills up, the cruise director is not announcing something on the intercom every ten minutes. I like these things (very much) but it's not to everyone's taste.
The only aspects that did not impress were the food and the professional entertainers.
One other interesting feature - and I don't know if this is planned or just coincidence - we always seemed to get the best "parking space" in every port.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, clearer, mediteranian