Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 AM

Hi,I've booked a cruise in May around the Western Med. The shore excursions seem pricey. Can anyone advise on alternatives. Also any comments on 'must sees' and what to avoid would be welcome. We are going on the Celebrity Summit which seems to have good reviews, anyone care to add?

Thanks. Nick.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 AM

Hi Nick and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

You're going to love the Summit and the Med. What a great choice for a first cruise! I assume you know that one of the few drawbacks is that you'll get addicted to cruising? Well most of us don't consider that a drawback...

There have been a lot of discussions about what to see and do, and who can help you. You may want to check in our Port Chat section, and particularly our Europe Port Chat section, and take a look at the past discussions. You can also search that section using a keyword or two.

I've heard about ShoreTrips, which seems to have a good reputation, but I've never tried them so I'm not endorsing them in any way. Others who have tried that company, as well as other companies, surely will chime in.

Sandy
Old 01-09-2009, 06:59 AM

Hi Nick,
Sandy gave you some good info. Shoretrips is a good reputible company. Since this is your first cruise I would like to add you should consider more than just the cost of the shore trip. By booking with the cruise line there is security in knowing they will have somewhat of a track of where you are. If one of their shore excursions isn't back on time the ship will be waiting. If you are on your own, or on a third party excursion and late, then you may be meeting the ship at your own expense at the next pier. If you decide to book through Shoretrips or any other third party be sure to consider the times of the shore trip, and keep in mind you usually will need to be back on board at least 1/2 hour before sailing.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM

Hi Nick,
We just booked booked the summit leaving may 10th from Barcelona. Looks like there is isn't lot of time for shore excursions at some ports. Maybe half days. It may be a good idea to stay a day before the cruise and a day after? Making sure to board the ship and make the flight without stress. Sounds like good advice booking shore excursions with the cruise ship due to the timing factor.

Closed Thread

Tags
brocco, judi