Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 AM
We are just looking to see if anyone has done this itinerary and what your thoughts are on this one. We are trying to see if this is the next one we should book.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 06-01-2008, 05:29 AM

We did a similar, but 16 day cruise just two months ago on the Star Princess, and it was the experience of a lifetime. Even people aboard with 70 cruises under their belt said that nothing came close to this. I am not sure of your itinerary. We went first to Port Sanley (Falklands), and then on to four days Antarctic cruising. Our ports after Antarctica and Cape Horn were Punta Arenas, Chile, Ushuaia, Argentina, and Montevideo. We went RT out of Buenos Aires.

We just came back from a Med. cruise with time in Venice before and several days in Florence afterwards. We had a great time, but it was not a fraction of the experience Antarctica was. Go for it!
Ellie
Old 06-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you, what can we expect from Elephant Island, Paradise Bay and Gertache Straight ? Was it rough waters, and last... what kind of weather did you have? Thanks again we appreciate your help.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 06-04-2008, 04:20 AM

We hda totaly smooth waters, except for one day that was like a rocky day in the Caribbean (not bad at all). the only fog we had was surrounding Elephant Island, after we were lucky enough to have 30 clear view minutes.) Our remaining time was awesome. You will love the Gerlache Straits, and all of it. I will never forget Iceberg Alley,with one iceberg after another, almost looking like movie props, and the other areas where you see one glacier after another after another. We had awesome lecturuers (including the doctor who was at the south pole and had to operate on herself for cancer), and wonderful science experts. I hope you have the same experience. Again, we had perfect weather. Some of the experts commented that it was the best four day stretch they had seen. I do have to say that one of the men my husband met in the fitness room had done a similar cruise a year or two before (maybe another line, not sure) and they had solid fog all the time. That is a risk you take, but in January and February, your chances of good weather are the best.

Closed Thread