Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 11:47 AM

Sometimes, when cruising, we want to get everything in, and not miss a thing. We have to visit all the ports, get up early, etc. Well, I finally had my first taste of cruising. My wife and I, along with four others did the Southern Caribbean on the Summit. I only wish I would have had more days at sea. This was a 7 night cruise. January 19-26.
We did a lot. Only spent 3-4 hours per day on shore. Did not have any pre set excursions. I loved pool side time, listening to the band, jumping in the water from time to time. Another place to spend a minimum of an hour is the Thalassotherapy pool. Relaxing and fun. You could always jump out and get to the hot tub nearby. Lastly, a good 4-6pm spot is the Waterfall bar located in the rear of the ship. Great views, music, and drinks. This is especially a good time if you have the second seating for dinner, which I reccomend.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Sailman,
Welcome to Cruise-Chat. I was on the Summit in Alaska last August. I agree I love the Thalassotherapy pool. It is one of my favorite areas on Celebrity Cruise Lines. I can't wait to check out the Solstice Class ships.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Hi Sailman, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Summit. I have not yet been aboard, although we did make a cruise a few years ago on sister ship Infinity. I am in complete agreement on the Thalassotherapy pool...it was absolutely wonderful! I hadn't thought about the Waterfall bar... I'll have to check that out next time.

Another favorite of mine was on Deck 3, right outside the theatre and conference rooms. There were a few large comfortable chairs by the windows, making a wonderful place to relax. On one occasion, someone was even getting a harp lesson there, so I got beautiful music, as well.

Closed Thread