Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:45 PM

Is anybody out there going on the Eastern Caribbean cruise on this date? My wife Rose and friends Jary and Dale will be there. This will be our first outing with Celebrity. We've sailed with NCL and Carnival. We are all retired.
Hope to meet some new friends.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:20 PM

I'll check things out for you on our 1/27 cruise. This is our second Celebrity cruise, loved the first one. We've got a great sail arranged for St. Thomas and my 21 year old son is sailing the world cup cruise in Nassau. Be careful on Celebrity with their recommended shore excursions, some really suck. Steve Jellison, Manchester, MO
Old 01-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
I'll check things out for you on our 1/27 cruise. This is our second Celebrity cruise, loved the first one. We've got a great sail arranged for St. Thomas and my 21 year old son is sailing the world cup cruise in Nassau. Be careful on Celebrity with their recommended shore excursions, some really suck. Steve Jellison, Manchester, MO
Old 02-01-2007, 04:37 AM

Hope to hear back from Jelly about the cruise. We sale 2/11. Our first cruise to the Caribbean. Eager to hear suggestions on packing/tips/basically just how to go about making it the best vacation with less stress getting ready. I travel in wheelchair so worried about over packing as well.
Also wondering what do we wear for excursions (husband) if he wants to swim? Does he wear swimsuit and shorts over it, or carry it and do they have changing rooms? Sorry, novices here.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trader Bob:
Is anybody out there going on the Eastern Caribbean cruise on this date? My wife Rose and friends Jary and Dale will be there. This will be our first outing with Celebrity. We've sailed with NCL and Carnival. We are all retired.
Comparing who you have sailed with before, you will love Celebrity! Not putting down Carnival nor NCL, you will come to enjoy the step up in quality. From the Champagne welcome aboard to the shows and especially the food!

Have a wonderful time!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BobSabresFan:
Hope to hear back from Jelly about the cruise. We sale 2/11. Our first cruise to the Caribbean. Eager to hear suggestions on packing/tips/basically just how to go about making it the best vacation with less stress getting ready. I travel in wheelchair so worried about over packing as well.
Also wondering what do we wear for excursions (husband) if he wants to swim? Does he wear swimsuit and shorts over it, or carry it and do they have changing rooms? Sorry, novices here.
Even for men, a long, muslin or cotton shirt could suffice in addition to a pair of nice trunks. It may not be choice for some but I find it quite comfortable. I think that I have heard them called, simply "beach cover-ups."
Old 02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
That's it!
Nylon trunks that dry quickly and a cool cotton shirt, straw hat and moccasins.
Life is good.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 PM

That's what I'm talkin' bout!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trader Bob:
And to be fair, you really must try Princess and Holland America as well. I have not yet had the pleasure of crusing with either but they are on my list.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Thank you kindly. Count down has begun. And with wind chills here in Cleveland -0 we are looking forward to the cruise.
Any other tips that you find for 'best item packed' or 'best item left at home' would be wonderful.
This is a very helpful site. Hope to be sailing again someday. R & J

Closed Thread