Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 04:40 AM

I've cruised many times with Royal Caribbean but due to work commitments have a very limited window of opportunity to Cruise this year. Have picked out the Celebrity Galaxy cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean in July. Have heard that Celebrity is an older persons cruise line and dont want to be the only younger people there. Can anyone tell me if this is only a perception of Celebrity cruises. Have also heard very mixed reviews of the Galaxy ship. Has the quality improved on this ship yet.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Did you finally book your cruise? Mu husband is 34 and i'm 28 we booked the galaxy for july 23/07
Old 06-17-2007, 04:41 PM

My husband and I are in our 40's and scheduled to cruise July 13. I'm VERY interested as well in hearing if rennovations have been completed. Anyone know?
Old 06-17-2007, 06:32 PM

Hi all, Holland has a well deserved rep for being senior. Since Celeb is the other premium line among mainstream cruiselines it often gets the same rep. Celeb has a little more diversity in ages but any cruise to the Med will be more senior than the Bahamas or Caribbean. I think you'll be very pleased with Celebrity, the mix of passengers and the Galaxy as well.

I get regular and very good reports on all of the above. Occasionally there is a curmudgeon among the reports but overall they are very good.

Have a great time!

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 AM

My husband and I (early 50's) just returned (8/3) from the eastern med. cruise on the galaxy. There was a very mixed crowd as far as age goes and also mixture of Americans, Europeans, Canadians. It was definetly not an old persons cruise. Galaxy does need some sprucing up, but it was still a wonderful cruise and ship. The service was incredible, the food was excellent, the iterinary great (Very HOT), lots to do, good entertainment. They couldn't have done more for you. We were delighted with Celebrity.

Closed Thread