Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 04:55 AM

I know this is probably not a place for a review but please allow me to add my 1 cent:

Just returned from our 1st cruise. Went to E Caribbean on Celeb/Mill; had a veranda SR, #7045.
Best vacation we've ever had,
Soap and shampoo in shower,
room enough to live....stacked suitcases on small couch (didn't use it anyway).
Took door-hanging shoe thingy as most recommend....didn't need it.
Pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke and/but was not bothered by it at all.
ALL crew members exceptionally helpful!
Shore excursions done right!! (may be mostly that we, as planners, had them taken care of WELL in advance)

Things we weren't as impressed with:
Food quality = so-so; I'm an early riser but had to wait till 6:30-7nish for just a roll and coffee (7:30 if you wanted eggs/toast/grits). Feel like the food delivery should cater to ALL risers.
Shipboard activities: All the fun ones (to me) seemed to happen after my bedtime.

And the only thing that really got under my skin was the special dining (Olympic Cafe).
We reserved a table on the last night and eagerly anticipated what ALL the reviews agreed on; "The most fantastic dining on the seas".
Folks, I was amazed; I was heart-broken; I was NOT a happy person after about 15 min.
If you're just an ole' country boy like me, you ain't gonna like it. I suppose if you had a moderate understanding of the French language and a couple of pieces of a carrot and a itsy-bitsy spoon of watered down ice cream, was all that makes you pleased, then go for it, this place is for you.

I want to thank the many individuals and their helpful clues from Cruise-Chat for making our cruise a memorable one.

Micary
Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 AM

Welcome back Micary. Thank you for your review, glad to hear that over all you were happy with your cruise! We do have a sister site, cruisereviews.com that you can submit a full review if you wish. The owners of the board are working on a way to make review submission easier and should be coming shortly. I'm sorry your specialty restaurant dining wasn't that good, the ones we went to on the Emerald Princess were fantastic. Especially, the Crown Grill. We, too, are early risers but usually wait for a while to eat, so we never really paid attention to when the breakfast began. You can order room service for coffee and danish earlier (try that on your next cruise )

I do hope you've become an addict like the rest of us. Start planning your next cruise, it makes the debarkation blues so much easier.

Once again, thank you so very much for your review and welcome home!

Closed Thread