Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 AM

We are considering taking the 11 day Panama Canal Cruise in April on the Galaxy. We were on the Mercury in November on a Mexican Riviera Cruise and have been told these ships are very similar. Has anyone taken this cruise and if so did they enjoy it? The food was excellent on the Mercury and I'm hoping the pattern continues on the Galaxy but I don't know anyone who has cruised on this ship before. Help anyone???
Old 01-23-2006, 05:32 PM

Hi!

I cruised on the Galaxy a few years ago. We did a 7-night Southern Caribbean and it was wonderful! The food and service were excellent! I did the Panama Canal for our honeymoon in 2000 on Princess and it was great. The food on Celebrity was a bit better though!! Have a wondeful time!

Justine
Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diablo:
We are considering taking the 11 day Panama Canal Cruise in April on the Galaxy. We were on the Mercury in November on a Mexican Riviera Cruise and have been told these ships are very similar. Has anyone taken this cruise and if so did they enjoy it? The food was excellent on the Mercury and I'm hoping the pattern continues on the Galaxy but I don't know anyone who has cruised on this ship before. Help anyone???
Old 01-23-2006, 05:57 PM

We just got home from Galaxy to Panama (12 night). Will tell you Cozumel is a mess...snorkling wasn't good..they say because of hurricane. Costa Maya pretty but trashy..we did dune buggies and beach was beautiful but full of trash. Costa Rica also beautiful but starving dogs wondering the streets and very poor living conditions. We did boat-train combo and ended up at interesting Dole banana plantation. Panama...do the train...it's very interesting. Jamaica was a total disappointment. We did black river and since landed in Montego Bay the sights were on other side of island and driving is horrendous. Watch out for the aggressive pandhandling. Grand Caymen was the best...snorkel and see sting ray city....a must. Ship OK...lots of dress up nights which we don't do. Food good..activities geared toward enrishment rather than fun. Overall we really did enjoy the trip but would go back with Royal Caribbean. Hope you have a wonderful trip.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the info "Montanaburns" - it sounds similar to what we saw on the Mexican Riviera cruise.Did you go thru the canal itself and did you have enough time to get a feel of Panama??(My husband lived there as a kid and hasn't been back since so I more interested in that aspect).
Old 01-25-2006, 11:34 AM

[Diablo.....we went to Gatun Lake in Pamana and got a good feel of the canal. We took the train to the pacific...it was a very nice excursion. Very clean around canal area.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:36 AM

[Diablo....we heard on the ship that the
Galaxy was going to dry dock in Europe in March for refurbishing...which is really needs. Better check with Celebrity to make sure about this.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:47 PM

Where did you get this information on the refurbishing. I asked about this late last in 2005 but was told that nothing was planned in 2006.
We sail on her on Med (Greek) cruise in Sept 2006 - refurbishing would be nice!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:30 PM

I just heard it from two different passengers who had sailed many times. They said ship going to Europe in March and will be back in October and doing shorter cruises. Also said it would become part of Royal Caribbean fleet. Now don't take this as gospel....
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM

Well thats interesting but if it will help, I just checked all of the cruises which have been placed for sale in 2006 and Galaxy is cruising all of February and all of March so I do not see how they can have the time available to do any type of refurbishing. Maybe some Celebrity employee reading this could confirm or otherwise.

Closed Thread

Tags
canal, galaxy