Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 AM

Now I wouldn't want you to think I'm hair dryer obsessed here but....

On Explorer I had problems with a dryer that was attached to the vanity, had to have the button pressed down to activate (not easy) and had zero power. I tended to give up on that after about 30 mins, looking more frizzed than when I started, and use my straighteners. But also found they had zero power and refused to warm up enough to actually straighten my hair!

Then on Legend I had more luck, the dryer was also in the vanity (thumbs up) and seemed to have a reasonable power. Straightners fine too.

So you see, different ships, different drying experiences. What's a girl to do??? Hence my question about Millennium specifically....

Phew....feeling better having got that off my chest. My husband thinks I'm nuts too by the way. Says I should just dry my hair naturally on the balcony. Hah. There'd be a divorce....
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

WOW! (Again!) Glad you're feeling better. I am too! I know I'm nuts! Enjoy the Millenium!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:46 PM

So, anyone know the hair dryer situation on the Mercury? That was one item I was going to leave at home to make room for more clothes. Now I don't know. I have think hair and it sounds like I may be there all day, or just wear a hat!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:44 PM

Maybe start at the top of the thread and where it says, "Millennium", insert Mercury and then go from there.

The problem of the hair dryer seems to be universally true on cruise ships.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:27 PM
It sure is. It has something to do with c.p.s.(cycles per second). The outlets are 120 volts but only 50 c.p.s. instead of the normal 60.

I schlepped a Hammond B3 organ all the way up to the Starlight lounge on the old Sun Princess because it wouldn't fit in any elevator, only to find out it was not in tune with the grand piano because of the cycle issue--it was a quarter-tone flat--and couldn't use it. Talk about excess baggage!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:57 AM

It would be interesting to know if there is a converter or some device that would boost c.p.s.

Million dollar idea?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 AM

My Husband has just come up with what he thinks is the ideal plan for me - use two dryers at once and boost the c.p.s. to 100! If only it were that simple....

Interested to hear about whether that converter idea exists. The cruise lines are missing a trick there. They could be selling those in the stores and making a fortune on us ladies of a certain hair length!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:34 PM
There have been converters forever for European and U.S. current, but I think the market's wide open for a c.p.s. booster.
Any electrical gurus out there?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Am I slow or has anyone else not noticed that the ads above the thread title are related to the topic being discussed?

Closed Thread

Tags
adaptor, power