Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 10:48 AM

Can anyone who has previously sailed on Millenium tell me a bit about the hair dryers on board? I believe all cabins have them....

Are they in the lounge/dressing area? Or are they in the bathroom? Are they the hold-button-down-as-you-dry type? Are they fairly powerful?

May sound like daft questions to some people, but I have below shoulder length hair that can be a pain to dry without the right tools! I'm grateful for any hair dryer related info...
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM

The hairdryers are located in the bathroom area. I don't care for the hairdryers on any cruise ship; they don't have enough power for me. I also like to dry my hair in the cabin area.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I agree. I have really thick hair and they are never powerful enough.Trouble is, taking your own dosen't help much--they never seem to operate at full power.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:26 PM

Hmm thanks for your answers guys.

I think it's sounding like I'm better off taking my own dryer and hoping for enough power. (I like to dry my hair in the cabin area also). It's such a shame since this was one piece of luggage I thought I could get away without taking.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:29 PM

My hair is waist length. The dryers in the balcony cabins on Princess are in the cabin next to the vanity. It takes me about 35 minutes to dry my hair with their hair dryers.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Well I air dry in about 3 second but when I sit on the balcony and hear my wife drying her hair, I know it is a good 30 minutes before peace resumes.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 PM

Oh how I envy you Chef Ken! Believe me I've seriously considered cutting my hair really short before a holiday before now just so as I can eeek out those extra few minutes by the pool instead of slaving over a hot dryer. But alas, I still have the hair!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:33 PM

I used to have long wavy hair but alas the waves are gone and there is nothing left but beach. Wasn't a tough decsion to take it down to a #1 on the old trimmer! Keeps it out of my eyes.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seafaring Ted:
Hmm thanks for your answers guys.

I think it's sounding like I'm better off taking my own dryer and hoping for enough power. (I like to dry my hair in the cabin area also). It's such a shame since this was one piece of luggage I thought I could get away without taking.
Hi I see you are from the UK. Well on these class ships there are two types of socket. One is USA and the other is European so bring your European adaptor and your hair dryer.

You may get more power from the european conversion rather than the USA one.

I tend to dry my hair naturally cos it frizes if I blow it and then I spend about 40 minutes using the GHD straightners. Once I used the dryer in the bathroom just to dry my fringe, I then uplifted the rest of the hair. Well the dryer they provide is a joke. AFter about 2 minutes the thing got so hot I had to switch it off. It was burning my hand but the funny thing is that the power coming out of the dryer end was useless.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Banned

Wow!

Closed Thread

Tags
adaptor, power