Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 AM

WE splurged and did an upgrade to a guaranteed suite, ended up with sky suite 6126. great room, WHAT A TREAT!, this was an oversized balcony, if I could though, I wold have tried to get 6132, as this is also an oversized balcony, but is right on the outermost side of the ship, which provided better lengthways views, and you weren't overlooking the lifeboats quite as much,...and also it would have cut down on some of the noise from the areas around the life boats. Our butler, and cabin steward were very attentive.
Being on the sixth floor, was nice in the fact that it was only one floor down to the common areas, we were near the aft elevators, and because the there are less cabins due to the suites, there are also less people, so it was quiet, and if you did want an elevator, it didn't take long.
(good signage throughout ship)
We did have a look inside a "celebrity suite", No balcony, but very spacious! and large windows for great views!, but after talking with the guest in that room , they had to keep the blinds down otherwise it would get too warm.

The dining room was typical, outside of the very large expanse of glass at the rear, very nice , decent service, but found that the staff wasn't as attentive as one might hope, but we were furthest from the galley escalators and that would certainly cut into their time frame. Dining meals were typically very rich, nice presentation, fairly good selection, but found some of the items very bland with Flavour, ie) escargot,soups.
the maitre'di "Igor" was on top if his game as well, made us feel like we were his only table.

The main buffet had some nice items to offer , but lacked selection, organization, (where does the line start and where does it end?) identification, and with the glass partitions between the cook/server, it was difficult to comunicate. the Windjammer buffets in the royal ships were much better

The ships entertainment, was lacking, it good variety in the theater. there was an "a cappella" group that was very good, but even they didn't know where they were going to be performing untill the day of. In "micheals club" there was a piano, but rather than nice music to relax /be romantic with , it was a woman who preferred to provide trivia on every piece, interrupted songs to be loud and boistrous with the audience, she would repeat the same lines night after night, but she was typically the only one laughing at her own lines. and when she did play the grand piano, her style was more of a honky tonk style.

IN comparison to the royal ships with the "centrum", there was very little for consistant, peaceful or gentle music to have a glass of Champagne/wine with. but for the size of the ship and the number of passengers, there were plenty of places to be alone with your special someone or with your thoughts.

Embarking and disembarking, were seamless, and efficient.

the stops were , St. kitts, st. Croix, St. Lucia, barbadoes, dominica, grenada, aruba and curacau. if anyone would like details or thoughts on any of these thoughts and my experience, please ask.

the pool main pool area was nice, the band was typical carribean , with a volume dial that seemed stuck on high ( more is better right???) the adult only pool area was very nice.
Nice weight room , good equipment ( only two out of service).
never used the spa, but as is per usual , much more expensive than what you'd find on shore.

found that the sales pitches were not so "in your face" on celebrity which was very nice!!! a nice change from the royal and the princess.

the photographers were abundant, but seemed a little less pushy, but you still found the poor guy in the heat stroke costume on the docks, and some guy asking if you want your picture taken with "this beautiful sign" ...
really ??? beautiful sign????....sigh.... yeah,..no thanks.

Would I sail with celebrity again? Yes
I liked any ship , I'm finding that your cabin and location are very important.
if I could afford it would I do the suite again? yes..
okay enough for now, any questions , feel free to ask
Costa Atlantica 2006
Caribbean Princess 2007
Radiance of the Seas 2008
Vision of the Seas 2009
Celebrity Millennium 2010
Celebrity Millennium 2011
Celebrity century June 2011
Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM

Hi,
We are traveling 2/2011 on the Millenium. I've only ever cruised w/RC before and would love any additional input. Unfortunately a balcony cabin is not possible for us this time so it will be our 1st outside cabin. How was the age group on board? We are doing the southern Carb. St Martin, Tortola, St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curaco & Aruba. Any must sees that you recommend?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM

St. Lucia, if you chose to do the piton tour, expect a long drive, we chose to get an all inclusive day pass at sandals halcyon .

Barbadoes~ beaches!

Curacao~ the dophins are a definate! very nice facility. if there are more than two of y9ou , it woul dbe cheaper to get a cab, and then just purchase the dolphin package there. after that you will want to spend soem time around the are of teh bridge , and the fort that is turned ito a trendy type of mall..very tastefull.
Aruba~ good snorkelling , and we went o a place called.... called..

sigh... I'll look it up and get back to you
Costa Atlantica 2006
Caribbean Princess 2007
Vision of the Seas 2009
Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 AM
SailMeAway,
Remember it is Feb and if it is not spring break it will be an older crowd. I never have a problem with that anyway. We always go off times to avoid a lot of kids and crowds. I would say average is mid sixties.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-29-2010, 11:57 AM

Welcome back, Flint Thank you for your great review! Sounds like you had a good cruise. I'm very glad to hear the food was good, sorry about the service. You had a fantastic itinerary. Where are you off to next?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:01 PM

probably Mediterranean, but not for a year , or two

hard part is finding the itinerary that suits me,...without selling the house!
Costa Atlantica 2006
Caribbean Princess 2007
Vision of the Seas 2009
Old 03-29-2010, 05:14 PM

Funny, I spent the last 2 days looking at Millenium out of Miami, probably the same one as you Sailaway, I was looking at 6344 a concierge with a larger balcony, comparing that to back to back on Century again. The itinerary is awesome, great stops, looking for more feedback on Millenium, dreaming....
Many thanks Flint for your very upfront review.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
probably Mediterranean, but not for a year , or two

hard part is finding the itinerary that suits me,...without selling the house!

Thanks for the review - we are on Millenium in exactly one month today

If you want a cheaper Med cruise, consider a repositioning/transatlantic cruise. We have done that three time. Usually you get a week of sea days combined with a week or more of ports but the price is usually greatly reduced.

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, celebry, champagne, cruise, entering, glass, millenium, passenger, photos, recent, reviews, ship, southern, upgrade