Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 PM

We are torn between RCC's- Navigator and Celebrity's Millenium. My boys are 7 and 12. We are not an extremely outgoing family but we do like to have fun. We don't like large crowds. We want our boys to happy on the cruise,yet, we want good service and great food too. Does anybody have any advice to which cruise line is better for our type of family. I am leaning towards Celebrity but any feeback would be great.
Thanks, Tina
Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 PM

We are torn between RCC's- Navigator and Celebrity's Millenium. My boys are 7 and 12. We are not an extremely outgoing family but we do like to have fun. We don't like large crowds. We want our boys to happy on the cruise,yet, we want good service and great food too. Does anybody have any advice to which cruise line is better for our type of family. I am leaning towards Celebrity but any feeback would be great.
Thanks, Tina
Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 PM

With the age your boys are, I'd lean toward RCCL. Tons of stuff to keep kids happy! And more likely to be a higher percentage of kids on the cruise than on Celebrity, generally speaking. However, if you're traveling during a time of year when many families will be onboard, such as summertime, the passenger mix could be a bit younger on Celebrity.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:10 PM

No comparison. You've got to go on The Navigator of the Seas. This is an incredible ship. Whether you are outgoing or not, you will have the time of your life. The food is incredible, the entertainment is not stop and the service is second to none. This is our favorite ship.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:33 AM

Tina, the food on Celebrity is arguably a little better in general than Royal Caribbean, but otherwise I agree with everyone else that Royal Caribbean seems a better fit for you. There will be crowds on both ships at certain times, but Royal Caribbean will have more families onboard with kids your kids' ages, and probably more adults in your age range than on Celebrity.

Sandy
Old 10-14-2006, 11:15 AM

Hey bopper

No question about it go on RCCL they are geared for the family thing more than Celebrity. As much as I love RCCL another recomendation is Disney Cruise lines especially for the kids of your age. Is this your first cruise?

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-14-2006, 04:07 PM

I have only been on RCCL and only took the children on the first one. The first ship we went on was on Splendor with the kids and they loved it. Our oldest is not terribly outgoing, but met some friends and truly enjoyed Adventure Ocean (he is 9). We just returned from Explorer (in the same class as Navigator) and the Adventure Ocean facilities were fantastic. I highly recommend RCCL for kids.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:19 PM

No, I have been on two but fifteen years ago. So this would be the first with the boys!
Tina
Old 10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

RCCL Hand's down.Tom
Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM

Thank you for the advice. I went ahead and booked the RCC's Navigator of the Sea for 3/10/2007. Now, can anybody tell me how to make the time go faster so March will be here??? :0)
Tina

Closed Thread