Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 PM

I booked a cruise on the Zenith for the Western Caribbean on April 13, 2006. I did this just this past Thursday the 29 of Sept. When I booked the Cruise it was a 7 day cruise. However, today when I went onto Celebrity's website, I noticed it has now become a 6 day cruise as they dropped Key West from the itinerary. My Travel agent will not be in the office until next week, so I called Celebrity and they suggested I wait until Monday to talk to my travel agent as the dept at Celebrity was not in until Monday that could help me with this. To make matters a bit worse, my Travel Agent is himself on a Cruise until the 6th therefore I will have to discuss this with someone else in the office. To make matters even more worse, I booked my air on AA yesterday to return home on the 20th. But now the ship will dock on the 19 of Arpil. In all the cruises we have done, this situation is new territory for me. Therfore, If anyone has a similar experience with this happening, especially if it happened with Celebrity, Im interested in hearing how the cruise lines handle situations like this. Im looking at originally paying for a 7 night cruise that is now 6 and paying either for a one night hotel in Miami to keep my air schedule or paying the airline penelty to change the flight. Thanks for any comments regarding my situation.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:57 PM

I am curious as to why they dropped Key West? I guess you could weigh how much the change airfare fee is vs. added expense of staying in Miami an extra night. Maybe you could do Priceline and bid on 1 night, in the area you would like, to save some money. Do you have dog boarding expenses, that you could save a day on. Do you have travel insurance for the cruise? I have never been in your situation. I guess that is how I would look at it. It sounds frustrating!! Hopefully, other people will have suggestions. Good Luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-03-2005, 06:56 AM

Thank you for responding Lori, I dont mind spending an extra night in the Miami area and returning on my scheduled date. However, what is frustrating is my travel agent himself is on a cruise as we speak, I am guessing that the 7 night cruise get prorated and I will pay for one less night. Maybe my travel agent can also arrange for unboard credit from the cruise line. I did not take the travel insurance on this cruise which was realatively inexpensive. Even still, If I wanted to change my flight to the previous day, I would pay a $75 ticket charge. This would be less than spending a night at a hotel and meals as well as the cost of having picked up the travel insurance. Thank you for your response. I was beginning to think this had not happened to anyone.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:00 AM

One more thing. Depending on both how Celebrity handles this situation will go a long way in determining which cruise I book next summer. I have been weighing the Oosterdam vs the Mercury. As it stands now I am skewed to the Oosterdam.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:19 AM

As a follow up, I just heard from my travel agent and Celebrity is adjusting the price I paid which is more than enough to pay for a one night stay in the Miami area and meals. I am have a TA that goes that extra mile all the time!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 PM

Hello Arckac. Well, I am glad you are getting compensated. I am still curious though, as to why they cancelled the port in Key West. Was it due to weather? Enjoy your cruise and Miami. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-09-2005, 06:35 AM

It was very odd. They just dropped Key West without explanation. I am grateful that they are adjusting the price of the cruise. I will spend the extra day up in Fort Lauderdale as I enjoy staying at the Tropi Rock. The owners there are the two of the finest people I have ever met. I have stayed there for each trip out of Fort Lauderdale. Thanks for your comments and interest in this situation.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:50 AM

arckac,
I believe an explanation for the change in itinerary has to do with a conflict with the Zenith's Bermuda sailings which begin April 22. The Zenith will be sailing from Cape Bayonne, New Jersey on a 7 night Sat/Sat round trip Bermuda all summer. You just happen to be on the sailing right before this itinerary begins. Eliminating 1 day of your cruise allows them time to reposition to NJ from the Port of Miami.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-09-2005, 04:21 PM

No doubt, that's it. Still odd as they knew of this repositioning before they had taken cruise bookings for a 7 night cruise. I suppose that Wednesday, the 19, the ship will sale up the Atlantic for 2 nights till the 21st. First Celebrity cruise for us. I am a RCCL and HA fan.

Closed Thread