Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 AM

My husband and I were due to depart early April on a 5-night Caribbean cruise on the Mercury. My mother who had been critically ill for seven months took a turn for the worse two days before we were due to leave and was not expected to make it. When my husband phoned Celebrity and told them of our circumstance, they asked for a letter from my mother's doctor and then switched us to a later cruise. Sad to say, my mother passed four days later, but the cruise which we took afterward has helped with the healing process. After our experience last year on the Millennium we almost gave up on Celebrity. I'm so glad we didn't. They were wonderful to work with, the Mercury was great, and I was able to find enjoyment during a difficult time.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:50 AM

Sorry for your loss. It's nice to hear a good report on Celebrity. I'm also glad the cruise helped with all your stress and the healing process.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Condolences on the loss of your mother. I'm glad to hear Celebrity was able to switch you to a later cruise, and that taking the cruise was a good thing for you to do at that time.

Sandy
Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 PM

When it rains, it pours. I lost my mother-in-law last Friday. So very sorry to hear of your loss! I am VERY glad to hear the Celebrity did the right thing, and even more glad to hear that it helped ease the pain. You really don't realize how much stress you are going through until it's over. I hope you will have a chance soon to let us know how the Mercury was. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:08 PM

Thank you for the condolences. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law Penny. I need to correct my post, our cruise was on the Century. The crew was outstanding and the was food great.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, outstanding, royal, service