Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   What's include the price cruising Century? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/31503-whats-include-price-cruising-century.html)

Erik (from Holland) 10-05-2007 07:07 AM

Hey you all,

We're going with the Century on feb 23 and because it's our first time with Celebrity we have some questions:

1. Which food, snacks,pizza's are include the price you paid for the cruise? And is the 24 hours roomservice including the price?

2. Which drinks are include the price?

3. Because were not such a formal types, we want to have the possibility to eat in dressed, but informal clothing, is that possible?

4. Are the beaches on Grand Cayman and Jamaica as beautiful as they are on Cozumel? And which excursions do you recommend?

Thanks!

penny3333 10-05-2007 07:40 AM

Hi Erik, I've not cruised on Celebrity, but had some friends who did. In fact, they were married in St. Thomas on their cruise. They loved Celebrity. The food except for specialty restaurants is included, and so is room service. We tip for room service when we order. No alcoholic beverages are included or sodas (Coke, Sprite, etc.). Every night is not formal night, so you will be fine in smart casual dress. Like dockers and a polo shirt, or slacks and an island type shirt. As long as it has a collar and not jeans, you'll be fine. If you don't want to dress for formal night, you can go to the buffet. Grand Cayman has some beautiful beaches that are on par with Cozumel. My favorite is 7 mile beach, others have posted about Rum Point and said it was great (I've not been there personally, so can't say for sure). Jamaica is a very pretty island, but very poor. If you're going to Ocho Rios, Dunns River Falls is a must. If you're going to Montego Bay, I'd suggest an all inclusive. Whatever you do in Jamaica, stay with a crowd and in tourist areas. It's not a good place to do on your own. Grand Cayman is very safe and very easy to get around on your own, if you don't want to do ship excursions. I'm sure you'll get some first hand experienced replies. Best wishes!

faw 10-05-2007 03:23 PM

Sailed on the Century last Nov transatlantic.Very nice ship, very good service!One thing no covered swimmingpool, also saltwater in the pool!

vickster 10-05-2007 04:09 PM

We are sailing on Century Oct. 22, 2007 to the Mediterranean. We will let you know how it went since this is our first cruise also. We love them already because to our surprise, we just found out that they upgraded us from an inside stateroom with an oceanview to a family stateroom with a veranda. And for free! Our travel agent said that they do that sometimes.

LisaP 10-05-2007 04:23 PM

We were on Century in July 2007. I agree with others that she is a beautiful ship. Congratulations on the upgrade, vickster!

As far as extra-cost items, besides the beverages and specialty restaurant Penny mentioned, there are additional charges for coffee (including espresso, latte, etc.) and tea served at the Cova Cafe. Coffee and tea in the dining room was included at no charge.

Erik (from Holland) 10-08-2007 10:31 AM

Thanx for answering, is there every evening a buffet?
Erik

gdjoslin 10-08-2007 11:33 AM

It will be open For Breakfast lunch, and dinner. You may also order Room Service if you want.