Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 04:53 PM

This is my first cruise and will be 6 months pregnant when we leave Feb 3-13th on the Mercury. I was wondering about the formal dress code, it says evening gown or cocktail dress, I really don't feel like being in a dress but have purchased a nice pants outfit along with a beautiful sparkley top in the formal department of my maternity store, do you think this will be acceptable? Also for my husband does his suit really have to be dark or can it be light? Will we be turned away for dinner if we don't look to their standards? Thanks for any replies, we are so looking forward to some time alone before this next baby arrives. mistyak2@hotmail.com
Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM

You should be fine. Have a nice cruise.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Misty, your clothing sounds gorgeous. You'll fit right in, and so will your husband. Not to worry. The only things they don't really like are shorts or ragged jeans in the dining room after 6pm.

Sandy
Old 01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Misty, I agree with Sandy that your outfit is stunning. I wish I had something as nice when I cruised during my pregnancy.

One thing I will suggest -- and it has nothing to do with dress, as you have that set nicely -- is that you bring along a letter from your doctor or midwife indicating your due date and that you are medically cleared for travel. Most lines have some cut-off for when expectant passengers can travel.. somehow, 24 weeks comes to mind but I could be off by a couple. As you will be close to that, you may be asked to show such a note.

And, congratulations on your impending family addition!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:31 PM

Hello,

You will be fine as will your husband in terms of the clothes selected. My wife and I went on the Mercury's 11 day cruise to Mexico in November of 2004 and we are going again on March 27, 2006. Though it is not on the point of this thread, here are some ideas for you for you to do on your cruise.

Look over the Manhattan Dining room from the top of the stairs (the Manhattan Dining Room is a two tier room). Walk on the Boat Deck which is very spacious and has lots of teak decking. Make sure that you and your husband watch as many sunsets as possible. See the Fort in Acapulco not only for its historical and culture interest but for the great views of Acapulco from the top of the fort.

There is quite a bit of classical music on the Mercury played by excellent musicians.

Hope that this helps,

Fred
Old 01-04-2006, 12:17 AM

Thank you so much for all the replies, I will definitly get a doctors note, thanks for reminding me. My husband and I can not wait for this trip this is the first time alone since we had our first child April 2004. Again thank you everyone.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Misty, I just checked the Celebrity Web site, and the cut-off is 27 weeks, not 24. My apologies for any panic this might have caused. I still suggest bringing the doctor's note, though.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, code, cruise, dress, mistyak2hotmailcom, strict