Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 02:21 PM

MYSELF AND DAUGHTER WILL BE SAILING THE WESTERN CARIB.ONBOARD THE CENTURY WITH HER FRIEND FOR HER 17 BIRTHDAY,
WILL THE GIRLS ENJOY THIS SHIP, IS THERE PLENTY FOR THEM TO DO IN THERE AGE BRACKET ARE THERE PLENTY OF KIDS THERE AGE TO HANGOUT WITH,
AND ANY UPTO DATE REVIEWS OR COMMENTS ON THE CENTURY WILL BE APPRIECIATED

THANK YOU,
MICHAEL
Old 10-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Hi Michael,
Hopefully since that is during many students' spring breaks there will be numerous teens your daughters age. However, I must admit that on my last Century cruise, the teens I spoke with were pretty bored and didn't find it to be very teen friendly (of course this was not during a school holiday and was a longer cruise.)

As for reviews, Tom and I both sailed on the Century this season for a Baltic cruise and have posted mega-reviews (I know it is a different itinerary but the ship reviews may be helpful). Here are the links to both:
http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Century64.htm
http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Century63.htm

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 AM

Hello fellow cruisers! Rich and I are also booked onthis cruise. Our frist with Celebrity but have only heard wonderful things. We are a younger couple with myslef still in my 20's and Rich mid 30's. We would love to catch up with anyone who would like to share a drink or two with us! Only 2 months and 24 days left! Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:43 AM

I also agree that the teens may be bored with the ship activities. But there will be a number of kids(teens) on the boat because of spring break, so that helps, and they at least have each other.

Art
Old 12-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Banned

I also agree that the teen's will be bored on this ship.The last time we were on the Century it seemed tha every night that children from 11-to about 16 were running wild. Up and down the halls at all hours screaming and making all kind's of noise!So obviously there is not enough parental guidance or activities for them.Tom
Old 03-01-2006, 05:01 PM

Our family sailed on the Horizon ship last year to the southern caribbean with our teens ages 15 and 17. They both had a great time and there were plenty of other teens during the spring break week. The ship has a mixer for the teens to meet each other the first night. Not many kids attended, but tell your daughter to be sure and show up night #2 when they all come out. During the day they offer free massages, pedicures, manicures and on formal nights free "updo" hair styles. I was wishing I was 17! There is a free service each day so tell your daughter to be sure and check-in early for the schedule. The guys free stuff leaned more toward free video games ets. Just tell your daughter to jump in and she will have a great time. It's a wonderful setting for them to have some freedom and for you as a parent to not have to worry too much. They can't get lost if you are out at sea. It was a much better option that the wild Cancun beaches for us. Have fun!
Old 03-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Banned

dmhpt
As you say you are out "to sea they can't get lost". This is true, but remember there are other passenger aboard also, who have paid for a nice vacation and also have some right's.The last time we were on the Century it was spring break apparently and the teen's ran wild all night.You still need to know what they are doing and with who.If someone does not handle this problem with people turning thier children loose on cruise liner's we are all going to read about a terrible tragedy someday.Our children went with us when we cruised, but we never allowed them to run wild.A little respect goes along way. JMHO. Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, eclipse, reviews, teens