Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 02:27 PM

We are thinking taking a cruise, however we are definitely levi attire people. We understand the dinner thing but what about day to day attire?
Old 01-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Daily wear is casual. Depending on where you are sailing, you will be comfortable in jeans or shorts during the day. Since you posted in the Celebrity column, I assume you are planning a Celebrity cruise. You may find other cruise lines perhaps a bit less dressy, but in any case, your comfy clothes should be fine for daytime.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Thats depends on the itinerary. For warm weather, shorts and t-shirts. For colder weather, jeans and sweatshirt, so during the day the attire is casual.
But Iīve you go to have breakfast and lunch in the dining room, donīt wear shirts and tanktops.
And in the Selfservice Restaurant its not allowed to come in bathingsuits.

So, really simple.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:25 PM

I just got off Galaxy by Celebrity. Way too formal for us. If you want more relaxed atmosphere go with Royal Caribbean. There were 3 formal nights and we don't do them. Buffet not open for dinner...casual folks had to make reservations for dinner unless they wanted pizza or hamburgers. Wouldn't do it again.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by montanaburns:
I just got off Galaxy by Celebrity. Way too formal for us. If you want more relaxed atmosphere go with Royal Caribbean. There were 3 formal nights and we don't do them. Buffet not open for dinner...casual folks had to make reservations for dinner unless they wanted pizza or hamburgers. Wouldn't do it again.
Don't forgett, Celebrity is a Premium Cruiseline. That's why we like it.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM

I heard it was a Premium cruiseline but just didn't quite see it. Ship in need of repair, art work around ship lousy (many complained)..movie unwatchable in theater because out of focus and sound muffled. Service...room great....but so was service on other cruiselines. Way too much "enrichment" seminars although did enjoy Dick Underwood from NASA. We did not think "napkin folding" is worthy of being on the daily agenda. Food good but desserts not so good. Not comp[aining...treated very well but don't see that much different from other cruiselines.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:09 PM

Forget about levi's with celebrity. Can't enter dining room evening with levi's. Lots of levi's on ship though.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Do most of the men wear tuxedos on formal nights? My husband and son usually do, but because of some family issues that are taking up a lot of our time right now, we probably won't be able to make it to the tuxedo shop to rent one for our son. My guess is that I don't need to be concerned, but just checking. Thx!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:59 PM

You will see those wearing tuxedos, but a nice suit will work just fine.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 PM

Don't worry about renting a tux....we saw a man with a bolo tie and sport jacket. You can still get into dinner. These formal nights are money makers for the cruiseships...they take all those pictures and try to sell them!!

Closed Thread