Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 AM

My husband and I have booked a Mediierranean Legacies cruise to celebrate my 60th birthday in September.
We have opted for a CC class stateroom (6136) and I have, since booking, been reading forums, comments etc. to find out more info.
I have noted that a couple of comments say that Summit needs an update and am worried that maybe we should have chosen another ship or line. Can anyone give me some encouraging advice and help as I really want everything to be perfect. Also which ship organised excusions are not to be missed and what would we be better doing on our own?
On the day of my birthday we will be in Naples and I fancied going over to Capri for lunch. Should we do this alone or with a tour? Obviously want it to be a lovely romantic day.
Do we need to book the speciallity restaurant online before sailing and how many nights shall we book that for?
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. We have only cruised once before on NCL Norwegian Dawn around the Caribbean which was Ok but I'm hoping this will be something special.
Thank you all in advance!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 AM

I was just on the Summit in August on their Alaska itinerary. I took my father to celebrate his 75th birthday. I saw nothing wrong with the ship's wear that you should be concerned about. As for doing shore excursions on your own, that would depend on your comfort level. Considering the language barrier (if you don't speak the language), and being unfamiliar with the area. You will have to look at the ship's itinerary and consider how
long you have in each port. Then consider time for the ship to get cleared and disembark, and returning to the ship approximately 1/2 hour before it is scheduled to sail. Personally, I would do Capri through the ship. Especially since it is separated from the mainland. Remember if you do excursions on your own you are responsible for getting to the next port if you should miss the ship.
Congratulations on your 60th. I think the speciality restaurant would be a lovely way to celebrate. You can book a reservation before sailing. Whether you will want to book for more than one night will depend how much you value the experience and the extra cost. I find the food in the main restaurant to be perfectly fine for my taste. Celebrity provides good food, good entertainment, and excellent service. I find their crew to be exceptionally friendly.
The Mediterannean is one itinerary I have done yet, so I can't recommend any "not to be missed" experiences. However; look under ports of call and Europe Port calls, on this site and you should find comments from others that have sailed to those destinations.
Enjoy your cruise.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM

Hi Ann

My husband and I are considering a cruise on the Summit on September 20 from Venice to Barcelona. We have not cruised with Celebrity before so if you find out any information about this ship or the ports it will be visiting, I will be happy to know. What date in September are you leaving on your cruise? This will be our first Med. cruise but we are fairly experienced cruisers, having cruised all over the Caribbean, Bermuda and Mexico.

Thank you.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:26 AM

Hi,
We are on the Mediterrean Legacies cruise on September 20th.
This is only our second cruise (we sailed with NCL on Norwegian Jewel to the Caribbean last year) and we chose Celebrity because friends recommended it.
See my other post for quite a lot of info from other cruisers.
I wanted the Med because of the interesting places you can visit. I've been to Venice three times and just love it - a really special atmosphere - could return again and again.
We have also been to Kusadasi and were not that impressed (except for Ephesus) so will probably stay on board and enjoy the peace!
My husband is Spanish so we have been to Barcelona a few times and it is a beautiful city.
Can't wait to see Rome and Florence. In fact I can't wait until September to enjoy the whole experience.
Let me know if you are going and perhaps we could chat more.
Kind regards,
Ann
Old 03-26-2008, 01:31 PM

Hy Ann!
My wife and I will do this cruise on september 20.
We are from Drummondville, QC Canada. We toured Venice Florence and Pisa many years ago. We intend to visit Lugga by our own from Livorno.
Denis
Old 04-08-2008, 04:48 AM

Hi Dennis,

My wife and I are on this cruise as well. Are you familair with Cruise Critic? You should join the Roll Call for this cruise there and meet some others taking this trip.

Sal
Old 04-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Administrator

No need to go elsewhere, Sal. We have our own Roll Call forums for Celebrity and other lines here. As there are already three of you going from this board, please feel free to start your own Roll Call discussion on cruise-chat.

We'll be making some changes to the Roll Call board within the next few days that will make it easier to navigate.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Hi Denis,
Hope you have found your way on to Roll Call for this cruise.
I am sure, like me, you will find these sites helpful and informative.
Ann
Old 04-22-2008, 07:13 AM

My husband and I are on this cruise too. This will be our first time in the Med. but we are fairly experienced cruisers.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:12 AM

Hi Fellow Summit crusiers. I am on the same ship and crusie aas you are i.e. mediterrean crusie from June 16(Venice) to June 28th ,(Barcelona). This is called "The Levy Girls Cruise" as that is the maiden name of myself and my sister who will be traveling with me. We are also traveling with our two daughters, ages 30 and 18. We have divided the ports of call so thst we can each research two ports and then report back to each other as to what is important to see. I have croatia and Naples. My daugheter has found the name of a wonderful place to have pizze in Naples from a friend of hers who lives there. I will get it from her and email it. I really haven't done much research yet but I will start to report shortly.
A question about formal nights- I was intending on bringing dressy black pants and wearing dressy tops and jewelry. Do you think this will be alright?
I forgot to mention that we are extending our crusie in Barcelona by two days. We booked a hotel in the center of town. We heard Bsrcelona is a must see. Ahoy Maties, Shelli

Closed Thread

Tags
6136, cabin, celebrity, cost, extra, meals, migliore, sal, summit