Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Hello.
We're thinking about taking a Panama Canal cruise in early 2007 on Celebrity's Mercury, but have read several reviews that concerned me about alot of vibrations & shaking in the rear part of the ship. Can anyone that's been on the Mercury in the past year tell me if they experienced any of this? We had been on the Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas) several years ago which shook very badly, and we do not want to experience this again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:51 AM

My parents have done the Panama Canal on the Mercury 2 years ago and the TA told them to pay a little bit more, to get another cabin not so close to the rear end of the ship, because of the vibrations and noises.
They followed his advice and booked a higher category and were satisfied.

Maybe somebody has been in one of the cabins and answers your question.
Marita

Old 10-21-2006, 02:30 PM

We had a concierge class stateroom on deck 10, just aft of mid-ship. No vibration or shaking detected at all. We had one rough night at sea and it was hardly noticeable. I, however, would stay away from a stateroom that is just inside the aft deck doors, as a rumble can be noticeable if you are on the deck when the ship is maneuvering, so would assume this would transcend into the aft cabins.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:17 PM

We were on the Mercury in March - cabin 1201, we did not notice any real vibration, maybe a bit (but a very little bit..) when we were at the show in the Theater at night. I am not comfortable on a ship and it did not scare me.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 AM

We were on the Oct 20th sailing from San Diego. We had a wonderful room (8030) but our table mates were in the rear of the ship. They said the vibrations were awful, especially when entering a port. They said they would never get a room in the back of the boat again.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:24 AM

Both the Mercury and the Galaxy have the same problem -if it really is a problem. When the ship is entering or leaving a port there is a vibration starboard and it is a little noisy. However, it usually lasts for only a few minutes and is not very noticeable anywhere but at the very back of the ship. I suppose it could wake you if in a rear cabin at 6am in the morning when the ship is Docking - but big deal. If you get upset at little things - try another ship. Otherwise I am sure you will hardly notice and in any case you will have a great time.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:18 PM

We are going on this ship in March, in room 8030 so it was good to here the room was great!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:17 PM

These class of ships all have the same problem.On the Century the vibrations at the rear could be quite uncomfortable (Noise and motion). At midship no vibration at all.

Closed Thread