Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 07:45 PM

We have already booked a 5 night cruise on the Century for April '07, primarily because the sailing dates matched our needs for our Easter break. We have 2 children, 9 and 14. After reading a lot of comments, I'm getting worried that the kids may be disappointed. We were hoping there would be a fair amount of kids aboard since many schools would be out. Has anyone had any experience w/their kids on the Century? Do we need to cancel and rebook elsewhere? This is their first cruise!! Thanks for any advice!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:38 AM

While Celebrity is not one of the most popular "family cruise lines", I believe you will find a good number of children onboard the Century at that time. A 5 night Caribbean cruise will draw a fair number of families at any time of year, but over Easter break there will definitely be children in your children's age range aboard.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-18-2006, 04:32 PM

Thanks so much! That makes me feel much better, Nancy!!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:57 AM

I was on the Century this August after they had just finished renovations and they redesigned the disco and converted a portion of that space into Xtreme (a teen age hang out, disco, and video arcade). It was quite a hit with the young teens onboard that sailing, so I am sure you will find it so on your cruise. I also know that they beef up the entire children's program to satisfy the needs of children cruising during school breaks.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-19-2006, 07:49 PM

thanks again! my 14 year old is even more excited now!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:59 AM

My family will be travelling on April 9th, 2007.
We have a 12 and a 10 year old. I had the same concerns as you but feel due to Easter that the ship will have a fair number of kids. We can't wait for spring!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:59 PM

i sure hope so! i've been reading whatever i can find on the internet, and the consensus seems to be that we'll be fine on a holiday week! let's keep our fingers crossed! my biggest concern now is -- will they eat what they serve in the dining room??! unfortunately they don't have very fancy tastebuds! best of luck on your cruise!

Closed Thread