Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 PM

Bookings made on RCCL and Celebrity after June 30th will be subject to higher fuel surcharges. On both lines the rate will be $10. per person per day and 3rd & 4th in the cabin $5. pp pd.

The real shocker for increase is Azamara, it'll be going to $15. per person per day. Wow! A $105. per person fee on just a 7 day sailing! If these keep climbing, the costs for fuel, tax and gratuities may exceded the cruise fare on many sailings.

If you've been looking at cruises by these lines and procrastinating, it's time to book it before you're hit with higher fuel costs.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

What I find amazing is not that the surcharges are rising, but the time periods between the implementation of the increases are so short.

The current charges for Celebrity are $8 pppd for the first two pax in a stateroom and $3 for third and fourth in the stateroom, according to this Celebrity press release -- and that was effective May 1. The new charges of $10/$5 take effect less than 6 weeks later.

Also, the cap has risen from $112 per person per cruise to $140. (At least they have a cap -- NCL doesn't.)

Yes, the increase for Azamara is certainly a shocker.

Enough of this analysis... I'm getting a headache.

LisaP
Old 06-27-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Bookings made on RCCL and Celebrity after June 30th will be subject to higher fuel surcharges. On both lines the rate will be $10. per person per day and 3rd & 4th in the cabin $5. pp pd.
Cheers, Neil
Actually you want to make your booking by close of business on June 29th. The new fuel charge goes into effect on June 30th.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator

I just realized my math was off in my earlier post. The time difference is not 6 weeks, but 8.

Still, they don't give much notice for making a booking at the old rates, do they?

LisaP
Old 06-28-2008, 04:11 AM

No, but the gas stations don't give any. Have you ever said "I'll get gas when I get done grocery shopping." One hour later the gas is up!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

Yes more surcharges. Just remember that this is not any of the staff on boards fault why these surcharges have been imposed. This is an office decision and no matter how much you complain to the staff....there is nothing any of the staff can do about this. If you want to complain please write a letter to the office on land about this subject not to the staff on board.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, current, fuel, gasoline, imposed, lines, rates, royal, surcharge, tax