Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 AM

Hi There

we are just planning to join the X-mas Cruise on the Constellation this year and would like to know what you "professional sailors" are thinking of that ship.

After looking up the floormap I am not sure where the nicest staterooms are. Which deck can you recommend for a Balcony-Stateroom.

Does it really make sense to get a concierge-class room? What is the advantage of that?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Best regards

Silke from Germany

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-15-2006, 06:01 PM

Silke, I just got off the Constellation doing a New England / Canadian cruise and loved her. She is a bit weird in some places, but the overall experience is excellent. I would opt for a balcony cabin, but not concierge. Just my opinion. Do dine in the alternative restaurant with the savings.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 10-16-2006, 01:53 PM

Hi Silke!!

You'll love the Constellation. We did a pre X-mas cruise last year (debarkation 12/24), and REALLY enjoyed it. It was me, my wife and our two daughters (8, 9 at the time).

Great ship. As Tom said, some "quirks" like any ship, but great all around. We did the family view stateroom, which are the balconies off the back of the ship. Great cabin for a family.

If you're going with a smaller group, I'd still opt for a balcony. I don't think Concierge Class is necessary... frankly, I don't find the "perks" worth the additional money. The non-Concierge class cabins are the same size and just as nice.

ENJOY!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 AM

Thanks a lot to both of you!

Tom, what do you mean by "alternative restaurant with savings"?

Sunny greetings from Frankfurt/Germany

Old 10-18-2006, 08:33 AM

The Constellation (and the other Millenium Class ships) have an alternative dining room - "Ocean Liners". They each have a theme... the Constellation's has items and decor reminiscent of the Ile de France. They are up-scale (gourmet) restaurants, and there is a per-person charge to eat there (was $25 USD when we travelled, but I'm sure it's more expensive now).

I thing Tom was suggesting saving money on the cabin and using some of the money you saved to eat at the alternative restaurant at least once. My wife and I had eaten there on a prior cruise (w/o our children), but didn't eat there when traveling with the kids... didn't seem like an appropriate place to bring young kids.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 AM

Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation.

We are really exited about the cruise and can't wait till we get there ;-)

Best regards
Silke

Old 10-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Was on the constellation last month and the CC balcony cabins are about 20 sq. ft. larger than the non CC balcony cabins. 171 sq. ft.vs 191

Closed Thread