Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 12:32 PM

After a lot of reading and discussion, I am thinking of booking the Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda for a 7-night cruise to Bermuda. It seems to be a good fit schedule, price and itinerary. (My wife prefers Bermuda to the Caribbean.)

How will my 8- and 10-year old like a Celebrity cruise? Has anyone been on the Zenith lately?

Also, I understand that the cruise ships cannot have shows while in port. If one chooses to lax about the ship while in port in Bermuda is there enough going on to keep the kids busy?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:32 PM

After a lot of reading and discussion, I am thinking of booking the Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda for a 7-night cruise to Bermuda. It seems to be a good fit schedule, price and itinerary. (My wife prefers Bermuda to the Caribbean.)

How will my 8- and 10-year old like a Celebrity cruise? Has anyone been on the Zenith lately?

Also, I understand that the cruise ships cannot have shows while in port. If one chooses to lax about the ship while in port in Bermuda is there enough going on to keep the kids busy?
Old 01-22-2005, 07:10 AM

The beaches in Bermuda are beautiful--pink sand dotted with rock formations...magnificent! You can rent bikes and ride from one side of the island to the other. And there's lots of snorkeling,too. Wouldn't this be of more interest to you and the kids than laxing about the ship while in port?
Shirley B
Old 01-22-2005, 07:32 AM

I agree with Shirley. There is so much to see and do in Bermuda that you really should plan on exploring the island. Bermuda cruises are unique, in that you have to think about the ship as being more like a hotel room while in port and not a destination by itself. The Zenith is one of Celebrity's older vessels and although they do have a children's program in place, the children's facilities are very limited. They only have a small children's playroom that is on the rear of deck 7 nestled inbetween staterooms. It is definitely not the most child friendly ship in their fleet.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, caribbean, celebrity, cruise, cruises, itinerarys, kids, reviews, royal, ship, zenith