Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 AM

IMHO there is no excuse for wait staff (or anyone for that matter), to be "cold" to you. If a person experiences something good they are MORE likely to go back. When I went on the Zenith I had one of the best wait staff teams. If I were to go back on the Zenith I would try to get assigned to that teams table again.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Murray:
It's our 25th wedding anniversary next year and I'm looking at cruises for November 2006 for my wife and I, both in our mid-40's. We've done only the one cruise previously with Princess (Grand Princess). We enjoyed this very much, but had a few issues - cabin was very small (and we had a "mini-suite"!)and food wasn't great. After reading various websites, Celebrity seem to be on a par if not slightly more refined than Princess, similar prices and offer apparently a better quality of food and slightly larger cabins. The only thing that perhaps puts me off them is that we enjoyed the Personal Choice dining with Princess (sit anywhere when you liked) which Celebrity does not seem to have. Is it possible to get tables for two with Celebrity dining does anyone know, and do they still have fixed dining times? Also, any general views on Celebrity v Princess as cruise lines? Which would you prefer and why? Any help would be gratefully received.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:04 AM

We just got off Galaxy. Went to dining room once for dinner as we are not into all the dressing up. It was so noisy we could hardly hear the other couple talk. The table was for 4 and was crammed with dishes and silverware. Other options for dinner are a reservation only casual dining area....other places are pizza or hamburgers. We would have preferred casual buffet without the reservations. Found food similar to other cruise lines.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 PM

MT, that's one thing about Royal Caribbean I like better than Celebrity. There is a casual buffet available for all 3 meals, every day. It's great to have that choice.

Sandy
Old 02-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Celebrity is definitely better when it comes to service and food. My wife and I have been on five Celebrity Cruises (three in the last four months!!). We always request a private table for two and always get it. You do have a choice of other, less formal dining experiences. Book it and go, you won't regret it!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:12 PM

I've sailed on Carnival, Costa, Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Norweigan Caribbean and Princess. Have not been on Celebrity, yet. Each offer different positives and negatives. I truly believe the food depends on the chef. We've had good food even on Carnival. Holland American was the worst, but then again, the staff was excellent. The larger the ships, the harder it is to get on and off. We really enjoy the ships that are under 2000 capacity. Princess, Holland America and Royal Caribbean have more clientel in their 40s. We've never had a large cabin, but balcony is all we can afford. Since we're not there that much, it is fine for us. We're going back to Princess this year, we've booked the Sun in late October. So far, we've been treated well and will continue to cruise with them until we are not. With so many vendors, I truly believe all cruise lines will be going out of their way to make the passengers want to return. Happy anniversary and enjoy your cruise.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:38 PM

My wife and I are headed to Hawaii on the Summit in April. We have been on four cruises. All of them with Princess. We really enjoyed all of them, especially the Tahitian Princess.
We are really looking forward to this cruise. I hear that Celebrity is a little better than Princess. Anyone here been on the Summit?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:59 AM

We are just off Summit to Hawaii from the 1/15 sailing. It was wonderful. This was our 7th Celebrity cruise and one on RCCL. We like the set dining times and the dressing up. We were a group of 8 but on our previous Hawaii cruise in 2002 there was just the 2 of us and we did request and receive a table for 2.
We did eat in the specialty restaurant, Normandie one time and all enjoyed it. Two of my cousins are very picky eaters and they did find something on the menu to their liking every night. If you want any more info, you can email me @ shofer1019@yahoo.com.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:58 AM

I've not been on Celebrity but have enjoyed Princess the most of our three cruises. That being said, I don't think you can have a bad cruise.

We are in our 30s and found Princess had the best mix of passengers, and the most flexibility with dining and other items.

We don't book the shipboard excursions generally and the Grand Cayman problems seem to have been addressed by the removal of this port from current Princess itineraries.

I've heard Celebrity has good food but an older crowd and more traditional cruise experience. We love the flexbility of Princess.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 02-15-2006, 11:29 AM

Kate,
We really like Princess cruises too. Thats why we kept going back.
Two Mexico cruises - Sea Princess - Sapphire Princess
One Carribean - Golden Princess
One Tahiti - Tahitian Princess
My favorite was the Tahitian Princess. Small Ship that was laid out very well.
We are very excited about cruising Celebrity.
It is my fathers favorite cruise line. My mom and dad have been on 30+ cruises.

Caribbean Weather

Sea Princess - 2001
Tahitian Princess - 2002
Golden Princess - 2003
Sapphire Princess - 2004
Carnival Paradise - 2005
Celebrity Summit - 2006

Closed Thread

Tags
america, celebrity, compare, compared, comparison, coral, cruise, cruises, food, holland, lines, millennium, princess, ship, verses, versus, wage