Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 10:02 AM

I don't have time to read 7400 posts on this thread. Is there a bottom line, Celebrity vs Princess? We have always cruised with Princess and know nothing about Celebrity.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Bob & Bev,
there are only 40 posts on this thread; the 7400 is the number of views.
Bottom line is as you might expect--there is no bottom line; some like Princess--some swear by Celebrity. It all comes down to what you like--what you think is important.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:02 AM

f-mattox,

Have you cruised on both, and if so, do you have a preference? We have only sailed on Princess.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Bob & Bev,

No, like you, I have only sailed on Princess--except one Hawaii cruise on the old Independence in 1994.

I booked Holland America for my upcoming Baltic Cruise because of the itinerary; I would have rather gone on Star Princess--although I am looking forward to a different cruise experience and the Veendam is a size more to my liking.

All I know about Celebrity is what I read here.

Half the fun is the planning--enjoy it!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:12 PM

If I may chime in here Bob & Bev, I have sailed RCI, NCL and Celebrity. Of those, I prefer Celebrity for exceptional service, great food and really, (for the money) high caliber performers in the shows.

I have not yet sailed on Princess but because of what I have read here our next cruise or the one that follows will be Princess. Then I will have a comparison to offer. I don't believe you would be disappointed with a Celebrity cruise.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I have sailed on Princess four times and Celebrity once. I thought the food on Princess was just a little bit better, but I found more differences in service between the size of ship, example Royal Princess with 1200 passengers vs Grand Princess with 2600 than with the cruise lines.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Hello Jill SC,
I don't doubt what you say for a second, but I've been on both the old Royal Princess and Grand Princess several times and I saw no discernible difference in service at all. But that's my experience--yours was apparently different.

I really loved the Royal Princess; ideal size, lots of open space, best pool of any ship I've been on. I miss her.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 PM

Hi,

We cruised on Celebrity's Mercury last November on a 10 day Mexico cruise. This was our first on Celebrity and it was ok. We weren't overly impressed with the food and even had to send a couple of dinners back. The cabins were larger than Princess. I found less activities during the evenings also.

We also like anytime dinning with Princess.

It was a great cruise, good and friendly staff. I really couldn't find anything wrong with the cruise. Drink prices were much higher. We'd cruise again on Celebrity if the intinery was good.

Last May we did the 19 day full canal cruise on the Coral and when we got on board both my DH and I commented several times that it "was good to be back on Princess" I guess there are just to many things we like about Princess. I just wish they offered more 10 day cruises on the west coast. They've stopped the 10 day Mexico cruise on the Dawn. 7 days is just to short for us.

we've also cruised on RCL and NCL and have found the entertainment on Princess to more professional also.

We're heading out on the Island Princess the end of April for a 15 day Hawaii cruise and then the 3 day coastal back to Vancouver. I can honestly say the only cruise line I wouldn't go on again would be NCL
Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM

I love this thread -- all 45 or so posts. Thanks.

I've enjoyed cruises on Princess, Celebrity and Carnival. Great things about each cruise. Wish I could gather into one cruise the best of each.

Bob and Bev -- I want to say "Princess." You didn't specify the kinds of things that are important to you, however, so this is conditional.

J
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 AM

We have been on the Celebrity Summit twice. We enjoyed the ship, had great service, and would recommend Celebrity. The one drawback, and again this is only our opinion, is that the food in the main dining room was not as tasty as on RCCL. Our tablemates felt the same way. However, this would not keep us from cruising on Celebrity in the future because we loved everything else about the ship.

Our first Princess cruise is next month and we are looking forward to it.

Nadine

Closed Thread

Tags
america, celebrity, compare, compared, comparison, coral, cruise, cruises, food, holland, lines, millennium, princess, ship, verses, versus, wage