Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 PM

I just noticed that I'm listed as "New Cruiser". I'll have to figure out how to change it. It's supposed to be "NJ Cruiser"

Me Again
Old 06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
The "New Cruiser" designation was just for your first four posts; you will notice you are now "Cruiser".

If you want NJ Cruiser as part of your signature you have to ask an administrator to change it for you.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 AM

Carole, Anywhere near Toms River? My brother-in-law comes from there.

Yes we could be the state considered farthest from any cruise port, unless you consider the Dakotas.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Ken

When I was a teenager, I used to take turns rowing across the bay, with my two boyfriends, to Toms River. When the weather is bad, we walk the Ocean County Mall which is in Toms River. WallMart, where we buy all our non food stuff is in Toms River. iHop, where we like to eat breakfast, (not in the Summer months) is in Toms River.

It is so crowded now, we're thinking of selling our Seaside Park home in the near future. It's one and a half short blocks from the ocean and half a block from the bay. My great uncles and grand father were contractors and built the house in 1923/24 for fishing and drinking. The lumber, doors, trim and a stained glass window are from a house they demolished in Philly that was built before the Civil War. We use the original outhouse for storage.

We will be leaving tomorrow morning for Seaside and the West end of the bridge is in Toms River. You get stuck in unbelieveable traffic from Friday afternoon to noon, Saturday. We're glad we don't have to take the Garden State Parkway home on Sunday nights because it gets totally backed up for hours with daytrippers, weekenders and vacationers heading to North Jersey and New York.

Sorry you asked? I thought you could mention all this to your brother-in-law.

Carole
Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Sorry about the "New Cruiser" remark. I was checking out my first post. I'll just leave it as is.

Carole
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM

It is so much fun to read all these comments while anticipating a cruise!

We were on the Caribbean Princess this year and absolutely loved the "free feed" policy. I have to eat lots of small meals or I become sick, so I really appreciated the interesting and constantly changing offerings at the 24 hour buffet. All the staples but lots of little surprises that made each visit to the food bar a pleasure. (ie, something similar to creme caramel, my favourite, for breakfast!)

Then again, meals in the main dining room were incredible. We loved one waiter, so sat in his section every night, but each night we sat at a large table with different people and 4 nights out of 7 we laughed until tears ran down our faces.

Coming up is my first cruise with Celebrity and I am really worried about how I will survive their fixed seating, especially on evenings after late port departures.

I also agree with the folks who complain about no selve serve laundromat facilities. It was so handy on the Princess to have a laundromat only a few doors down.

Got to go make supper now - can't wait until the cruise so someone will wait on me every day!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
america, celebrity, compare, compared, comparison, coral, cruise, cruises, food, holland, lines, millennium, princess, ship, verses, versus, wage