Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone:

I have been on four cruises so far, and was contemplating a fifth one.

I found out about Celebrity's 11-day Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Constellation. It is a round trip from Ft. Lauderdale, from November 10th through 21st of this year.
The ports of call will be:
-Grand Cayman
-Cartagena, Columbia
-Cristobal, Panama (Canal Zone???)
-Puerta Limon, Costa Rica
-Cozumel, Mexico

So, I was wondering what everyone thought about this upcoming cruise? Has anyone here cruised on the Constellation? Has anyone had a cruise with similar itinerary? How about both situations? I would appreciate your input, thoughts, advice, or any such reponse regarding this cruise onboard the Constellation. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:52 PM

HiI am doing the same itinerary but in Jan 09 on the same ship. When I was looking at different cruises I knew I wanted to do a 10-12 day cruise and I wanted to be in the Caribbean. I have been on 4 other cruises and one of them was in the Caribbean. This time I wanted something different. When I saw the ports for this one I thought it would be different and fun. I have a friend that has been on the Celebrity M class ships and says they are beautiful. From all my research the Constellation is one of the highest rated ships for a premium class. As far as excursions and other things to do it is pretty endless. I am going with my Mom so we are doing more touring of sites instead of any of the water attractions (snorkeling, scuba, swimming with the dolphins etc). The only place I am having trouble planning something is Grand Cayman. All the excursions are pretty much water related. We will be doing 2 private drive/guide tours one in Cozumel and one in Columbia. I have already reserved the tours. In Costa Rica we are doing a ship excursion that my Mom wanted to really do and in Panama we are doing another ship excursion to an Embra Indian Village. I received a lot of information on another message board on another site for guides. It was good to have recommendations. I am going to keep a watch in this thread because I am interested in others experiences as well.

Happy Cruising,

Tanja
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 AM

It sounds like a great cruise. My friends did the Panama Canal on HAL last year and loved it. They did mainly ground tours as they are not really into snorkeling or diving. They said the partial transit into the canal was amazing. I was thinking about doing the Panama Canal itinerary next fall, but I love snorkeling so much that it would be hard for me to just do land tours. Some other friends of mine cruised Celebrity for their honeymoon and raved about it. I have heard a lot of great reviews on Celebrity. One of these days, I hope to be able to afford to try them. Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 AM

The cruise that I am going on does not go through the Canal. We just stop at the port for the day. So maybe it would be a good cruise to go on...lots of snorkeling

I never really knew too much about the Panama Canal until I started researching this cruise. It has now been added to my list of cruises.
I can't wait to try Celebrity. This is a gift from my Dad for my Mom and I. I would have to save up for 2 years to do this cruise!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:50 PM

We did this cruise about 2 years ago. constellation is a great ship, and MPO is one ofthe best. We enjoyed it, but it doesn't go thru the canal. I do think there are tours you can book thru the ship to do some things in Panama and view the canal. If you want to do at least a part way canal where the shipo turns around in Gatun Lake, We did the Brilliance of the SEas about 3 years ago, and loved it.

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, class, constellation