Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2005, 11:04 AM

Weve got the information that the Millenium is since today in the dry dock in Barcelona until november 18th.
Maybe they need the time from 18th to 20th to make the ship clear for bording.
But dont they have to offer you a hotel for 2 nights and a compensation for the two lost days and ports?
Im very curious about their explanation.

Marita, starting in Barcelona in 5 days.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:02 AM

I have just learned that Celebrity will NOT be allowing on the ship until the 20th. They will give us a hotel for the 2 nights, but only will pay for breakfast. It was also said that they will give 20% off the cruise price and 200.00 onboard credit. We have no option of cancelling or substituting another cruise. We are not going to Italy because of a berthing conflict.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 11-08-2005, 08:30 AM

Customer service gave me a number to call for this specific cruise. It is 888/281-9344. Of course today they are conveniently closed!! If anyone happens to get through, please keep us updated

Old 11-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the posting. How did you learn of the 20% off cruise price and $200 onboard credit? Is it reliable? Is that $200 onboard credit per person or per cabin. Two nights in a hotel! How/when will be know where to go when in Barcelona? We are departing home on the 11th of November.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:07 AM

This info came from customer service. The credit is per stateroom. There is suppose to be a call or email comming from Celebrity today or tomorrow to your travel agent or to you individually; explaining what will happen. The ship is in drydock in Barcelonia.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:30 AM

Sorry for disappointing you, but ship is still on the sea and not in dry dock.
A german board user, booked on the Millenium too, also got the information about the two nights in a hotel, the 200 $ per cabin and the 20 % the price.

But Ive heard, that at this special weekend, there is a convention in Barcelona.
Im curious, how X will get 2000 beds in different hotels and how they will organize it.

German TA got no information from X, still waiting for more details, to tell the passengers, whats going on.

Thank god, we didnt book the Millenium. We also had a very good offer a few months ago.

Packing my clothes and not knowing, what is necessary on the Atlantic.
Marita

Old 11-09-2005, 01:12 AM

Now it seems, the Millennium has reached the drydock.

Alex
Old 11-09-2005, 11:31 AM

I thought it might be helpful to keep in perspective that Celebrity is taking it in the shorts on this one, (to the tune of $750,000 plus). in my opinion the compensation is both generous and warrented. I know Rome and Nice were cancelled but you get 2 nights in one of the great mediterranean cities, Barcelona. If you can't find a way of enjoying your trip, just cancel. I'll bet they'd be happy to give your money back. For Celebrity, It may be cheaper than the expense and grief .
Old 11-09-2005, 11:48 AM

Cancelling is not an option. We have spoken to our travel agent and to Celebrity, and we are not able to get our money back. I am sure that Barcelona is beautiful, and yes we will have a good time. However, the communication on this issue has be poor to none, and we are not being told the true facts. Our travel agent has still not been advised of the changes.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Your TA probably doesn't want to tell you that it is possible to cancel because they will loose their entire commission on the booking. Again, if you insist you want to cancel directly through Celebrity, I'll bet thsy would give you a full refund. No further compensation however.

Closed Thread