Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 PM

Has anyone done this..i want to do it next xmas out of Los Angeles...any comments? any info?TIA
Old 11-27-2005, 12:12 PM

Hello,

Although I sailed to Hawaii from Acapulco on RCl's Legend of the Seas, here are some ideas for you. A cruise to Hawaii is a great experience but you need to do your homework as to the islands/ports you will be visiting.

I highly recommend that you consider renting cars on each of the islands that you visit. Car rentals are relatively inexpensive and give you great flexibility in terms of seeing what you want to see in Hawaii. I am not anti ship tours but rather with some research you can have more fun and it is much less expensive. Driving in Hawaii is easy, with excellent roads. The car rental agencies will meet you at the dock and it would help if you are a member of the Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc. frequent user programs and this will expedite your rental.

Things to see:

Oahu Pearl Harbor (do not miss)
Waima Beach on the north shore (famous for surfing and spectacular to see)

Kauai Waima Canyon
Drive along the south shore of the island
Na Pali lookout
Drive to Princeville and north part of
the island

Maui Drive up Haleakula mountain

Let me know if you need more information

Have a great time,

Fred
Old 01-28-2006, 10:03 PM

I'm looking for info, too. We need to book February/March 2007 and only miss 2 Sundays (I'm a minister) including travel to LA/home.

Looking at two choices - Princess from LA 15 days (balcony is 2500) and Celebrity from LA 14 days (balcony is 2850). Figure a balcony is the way to go.

But concerned about motion on the deep water - we've been on a ship crossing the Caribbean to Venezuela that was truly shaking! And 5 days in the Pacific sounds daunting!

So will come back here and check and hope for more info!!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:56 AM

We are just off the LA to Hawaii on Summit from the 1/15 sailing date. Celebrity has really jacked up the prices on the balcony cabins. We booked 16 mos in advance and for a 2-C balcony, it was 2050/pp. If we had booked 1 week earlier, it would have been $100 less! Some paid only $1750 booking 20 mos early. IMHO, the 2-C on the starboard side is the way to go. The cabins are all in the middle of the ship so there is less motion.

The cruise before us was quite rough and the one after us was very smooth. We were somewhere in between. Leaving LA is quite bouncy and the first day was a little rough, but after that, it was fine. My cousin even stopped taking her Dramamine after the 3rd day.

Closed Thread

Tags
car, hawaii, maui, rentals